Content shows in report but not printing (1 Viewer)

CeeKay

Local time
Today, 02:53
Hi all, I use access to hold a list of all the maintenance tasks that my technicians will need and then select the ones required to create job cards.

As I mentioned in my intro, I have inherited this from a predecessor who has long left the company. I used to have a rough knowledge of Access 2003 but not the new style (I'm using Office 365 / 2016). I can 'work' with what I have but I have no idea how to go into the programming side of it.

The issue I have is that when I create one of the job cards, I can see everything correctly on my report view('common' pages and selected content) but when I select PRINT PREVIEW, the selected content doesn't appear. When I print, only the 'common' pages come out.

I can't see a way to change the print area.

Help please.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
Any chance you can upload a picture of what you are seeing and what you expect? Please also be clear on what part(s) of the report you get to print and what doesn't.

From your initial description there may be code that is being fired when printing that is not being fired when previewing. Getting an idea of what your problem is FIRST, then steering you towards likely causes should be how we proceed.

I am actually hoping that this turns out to be "Its working as intended for X" and you find that there is something else that needs to be set for you to see what you were hoping for.

CeeKay

Local time
Today, 02:53
Unfortunately, I can't post pictures. The attachment uploader doesn't seem to work for me

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
Is there code in the report? One hazard coding in a report is that the report is not destroyed between being previewed and printed. As a result, report-global variables that are not explicitly re-initialized, may retain values from the preview execution, yielding incorrect values in the print execution.
hth
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom