Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Gaming

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #1
SkyCraw
Newly Registered User

SkyCraw is on a distinguished road
Talking Elder Scrolls Online

Anybody else looking forward to this epic MMO? I can't be the only one excited for release day (or early access if you pre-ordered)! .

Let me know what you think!

SkyCraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Kliq
Newly Registered User

Kliq is on a distinguished road
Re: Elder Scrolls Online

I played the beta and it's a little bit of a let down. I love the Elder Scrolls series and the combat in this game is quite awful. It feels sluggish and just down right ugly. I have thought pre-ordered to try it out a little more.
Kliq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #3
marot90
Newly Registered User

marot90 is on a distinguished road

If you never played TES games before or dont have any expectations, it is fine. But for a TES MMO, it is really disappointing, since it really doest feel like Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind

marot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Ebweaver
Newly Registered User

Ebweaver is on a distinguished road

I played the beta as well, it was alright. I just wish it wasn't $60 for the game plus $15 a month. Not worth it imo, anyone who has it - how is it?
Ebweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
SkyCraw
Newly Registered User

SkyCraw is on a distinguished road

I have it right now and I'm still enjoying it, honestly. I can see why people are bashing it... but not to the degree which they are as well.

It's a different MMO (and it obviously isn't going to be a carbon copy of Skyrim -.-) but it's still fun to play, imho.
SkyCraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #6
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road

My experience was as follows:

I was playing the beta.
I killed a wolf.
I looted a shield from this wolf.
I logged off.

Once seeing that I could loot a shield from a wolf, I knew the degree of effort the put into keeping keeping that elder scrolls feel lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blue's Age Poll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

Finally gave this one a try. I HATE the mini-map, or rather lack of one. I try to play these games with friends and keeping track of everyone on this game is a nightmare since you have to pull up the full map to see where people are. The stupid compass is a joke. Mini-maps have been a staple for multi-player games long enough that this should not even be an issue.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #8
DarioDes
Newly Registered User

DarioDes is on a distinguished road

I picked it up during the summer sales but I didn't have the chance to try it out yet. How do you like the game in general though? Is the player count healthy?
DarioDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #9
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,126 Times in 1,028 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Bluish Dan, getting a shield from an animal is a bit bizarre, but don't forget that you can get rings off of wolves in Skyrim. I have to presume that it happens if they decide the wolf has eaten the hand of someone wearing a ring, but the first time I got a ring from a wolf carcass, I admit it was a surprise.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 AM   #10
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Okay, Doc, somehow I didn't envision you playing Skyrim. Dunno why, it's not like I don't know any other retiree gamers.

And while shields dropping from wolves does seem a bit odd (just pretend it was tangled up in the thing), I've seen worse. Hell, games allow you to wear full suits of armor you took from other people, when the reality is that most armor, ESPECIALLY plate armor, had to be custom-fitted or else it would hinder you more than it would protect you. I won't even get into peeling armor off giants only to have it fit your gnome warrior perfectly. Giving up on a perfectly good game because a wolf had a shield as loot seems a bit...silly, but then, I've been playing MMOs off and on since EverQuest, which had far more blatant reality breaks than that.

As one of my best friends is a supervisor at ZeniMax, I'll check to see if wolves still drop shields, and if so, pass on Dan's complaint. I doubt it'll change much, but it's still something.

As to Skyrim, I ended up having to uninstall it. Half my mods switched to using SKSE-64, but the SKSE developer abandoned it while it was still at an alpha stage, making anything relying on it into a comedy of bugs. Shame, too, it was an entertaining game.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #11
mrsiro
Newly Registered User

mrsiro is on a distinguished road

anyone play dota ?
mrsiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #12
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,126 Times in 1,028 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Frothy, I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim plus a gazillion other FPS RPG games. What I don't do is play anything that requires me to stay online. So no MMORPGs.

I really enjoyed Morrowind. Oblivion was nice but somewhat of a letdown somehow. But Skyrim is just flat out awesome. Their treatment of flowing water, environmental effects, and the incredibly good pseudo-random placement of vegetation makes the game better than most of the other games I have played.

The other games I have tackled in the last many years include the Witcher (and 2 and haven't gotten around to 3 just yet), Bioshock (and I have 2 but not loaded), Synchronicity, Fallout (1,2,3, New Vegas, and just loaded 4). Plus before that I was a Quake/Doom/Half Life/Unreal kind of guy. Plus the Mech Warrior stuff. Shooters all.

I use the games to work off aggression, as one might expect. I always look for something small, slow, dumb, and clumsy to shoot. But it could be worse. A dear friend of mine whom I have known since she was born (I introduced her parents to each other) now has MS. Her therapist asked what she did for fun. Her answer? Shooting chickens with lit dynamite up their butts at rednecks. Her therapist was shocked until my friend explained that it was the game Redneck Rampage. Who says gaming violence is all bad?

As to taking stuff off an enemy, at least in Skyrim I learned the Armorer skill so I can pretend that while I improve it, I can refit it.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
mhorner
Newly Registered User

mhorner is on a distinguished road

Pretty cool MMO, poor online play though I thought. Everybody basically zergs around in a mob of 100 people.
mhorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

My friend Jon was just telling me today how the game is incredible and so much better than it was at launch, and that I should buy a PS4 and join him.

Of course, he WORKS there, so his opinion isn't precisely what I'd call unbiased.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #15
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Also, I'm not sure I'm going to play Fallout 76. I really never cared for survival games, and in online survival games, you're either griefing or the griefer. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground there.

Tags
bethesda , eso , tamriel , zenimax

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: