After Update Event in Web Apps (1 Viewer)

AccessJunkie

Senior Managing Editor
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
Hi,

For instance, if I have 50 fields, hypothetically, I do not want to create logic naming and checking all 50 fields. I would like for it to just tell me which fields were updated. Is that possible and if so, could you point me to what function could help me?

Or am I stuck checking field by field?

Unfortunately, yes you have to check field by field because there is no way currently in the data macro logic with Access web apps to generically test which fields were updated.

My suggestion then would be to simply record the old and new values for all fields in the AfterUpdate event into an audit table so you have a record of all changes ever made to the data.

--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
Senior SDET - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2013 Inside Out
Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010/2013 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

ThomasVDS

Local time
Today, 08:18
Hi,

I already used the macro explained higher. Thank you for this!
But how can I include the user who performed the update?

Thank you.

Kr,
Thomas

archmaster

Local time
Today, 01:18
Hi,
I have the exact same situation. I need to track what user changes what. I have already implemented a whole login/user dependant navigation system in an app I have been working on, but, for the life of me, I cannot find a way to specify a userID in a table event macro. Cannot even use the UserDisplayName() variable. Is there any workaround for this?
Thanks in advance,

annagel4ever

Local time
Today, 01:18
I'm in the same boat as ThomasVDS and archmaster. It seems that since the After Insert/Update/Delete are Data Macros of a sort, you would need to be able to pass a parameter (like you can for other Data Macros), but I'm not seeing any sort of option for that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

samkevin

Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
Hi William,

You can easily update or create an event with the help of 365Appz™ SharePoint Add-ins or SharePoint web app. SharePoint Event Calendar Add-in will help to build event in calendar format according to category wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom