The Kennedy family (1 Viewer)

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:48
You cannot be bothered with minor things such as evidence, but you have plenty of time to make wild unfounded claims. :rolleyes:

Good God Almighty ! You actually think that evidence is a "minor thing " ?

Sound evidence, properly collated from reliable sources and described in a sound and concise manner is the difference between truth and lies, right and wrong and justice and injustice. It is the bedrock upon which the Worlds jurisprudence systems are founded and, as such, is the fount of civilisation.

Whatever your reply ( should you be bothered to make one ), I am not going to
list my " evidence " here, since as described earlier it is too lengthy. However,
It may be helpful to us both should you state what it is that you require
" evidence " of exactly.

Is it my claims re that evil family the Kennedys,
or my all too correct description of the current parlous condition of the
Catholic church and/or its widely known propensity for widespread
paedophilia and its pervasive corruption ?

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:48
I don't need to convince myself, and I'm not bothered to convince you.

I thought your claim to be too inteligent was sarcasm at its best?

Maybe just the continued delusion. Or shall I call it deception/lie?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Ted does not seem to be such a bad sort of person...

Marlin47 said:
...On a very hot day I was sat at a bar on the harbour whilst waiting for a ferry. A pal and I had gone there since we had rented a old WW2 Stearman bi-plane for the day. Jack had gone off somewhere whilst I got the beers in. The bar service being bloody slow I had ordered six pints of very cold Sam Adams - three each, in order to keep waiting time to a minimum. The ferry booking office was across the road and I heard raised voices from within.

An elderly chap came storming out smacking his clenched fist into the palm of his other hand. Crossing the road he then stood only a few feet from where I sat. I could almost hear the grinding of his teeth. After a few moments he seemed to calm down and remember where he was. He turned and my tray of six ice cold glasses of beer caught his eye. Looking at me he said " Now that's what I call a fine tray of cocktails ! ". Without a word I slid one across the table towards him. He downed it in seconds. I slid another one towards him. He damn nearly picked that one up too, but evidently decided not to. Smiling and slapping me on the shoulder, he turned and strode back to the booking office. It was Teddy Kennedy !
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33841&PID=695080

Given what is widely known about the Kennedys from Joe and Rose down, plus the fact that certainly John and Robert Kennedy attracted the ire of so many powerful groups of people, the least of which was the Mafia, I am astonished that :-

A. There are still Americans who accord the Kennedys a saint like status.

B. No more is done to inform the people of the World as to quite what wretchedly nasty people they were.

Are Americans so blind to the deficiencies of this family that they allow themselves to be hoodwinked so easily ?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:48
It's funny to note the phony outrage over sarcasm and foul language, after I dropped the F bomb I went back to see how times its happened. OMG many many many times in fact with MODS commenting on the very next post seeming unaffected by the profanity. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Profanity in itself is not usually an issue, unless it targets something specific. Everything is decided on a case by case basis. You think you can do a better job balancing a business oriented forum with members who are as passionate about debates as ours?

Didn't you ever learn that lesson as a child: life isn't fair.

Vassago

Local time
The one thing that all sides of every debate on this forum seem to agree on is that the mods here must be working for the other side. There's really no way to win.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The one thing that all sides of every debate on this forum seem to agree on is that the mods here must be working for the other side. There's really no way to win.

Any position above the normal will attract hatred, derision and mistrust. Examples being police, president, boss, supervisor, prime minister or forum mods and administrators.

The masses always think they are right, and usually are.

Col

Vassago

Local time
If you have a complaint about a mod, message me the specifics. I'll look into it.

Vassago

Local time
Any position above the normal will attract hatred, derision and mistrust. Examples being police, president, boss, supervisor, prime minister or forum mods and administrators.

The masses always think they are right, and usually are.

Col

You and I both know that the masses are rarely right. There are too many influences that negatively affect free-thinking in today's world.

wilf123

Local time
Today, 11:48
>Given the nature of the old man, Joe, his sons could never have been anything more
>than the nasty pieces of work that they were.
You don't really know what you are talking about.

"I realize that there are some businessmen who feel only they want to be left alone, that Government and politics are none of their affairs, that the balance sheet and profit rate of their own corporation are of more importance than the worldwide balance of power or the Nationwide rate of unemployment. But I hope it is not rushing the season to recall to you the passage from Dickens' "Christmas Carol" in which Ebenezer Scrooge is terrified by the ghosts of his former partner, Jacob Marley, and Scrooge, appalled by Marley's story of ceaseless wandering, cries out, "But you were always a good man of business, Jacob." And the ghost of Marley, his legs bound by a chain of ledger books and cash boxes, replied, "Business? Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business. Charity, mercy, forbearance and benevolence were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

Members and guests of the Florida State Chamber of Commerce, whether we work in the White House or the State House or in a house of industry or commerce, mankind is our business. And if we work in harmony, if we understand the problems of each other and the responsibilities that each of us bears, then surely the business of mankind will prosper. And your children and mine will move ahead in a securer world, and one in which there is opportunity for them all."

Florida Chamber of Commerce, November 18th, 1963

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Given what is widely known about the Kennedys from Joe and Rose down, plus the fact that certainly John and Robert Kennedy attracted the ire of so many powerful groups of people, the least of which was the Mafia, I am astonished that :-

A. There are still Americans who accord the Kennedys a saint like status.

B. No more is done to inform the people of the World as to quite what wretchedly nasty people they were.

Are Americans so blind to the deficiencies of this family that they allow themselves to be hoodwinked so easily ?

Well said.
I was born and brought up a Catholic near Boston where the Kennedy's first lived. I went to a Catholic Collage. I was a police office, and a small town politician as a Catholic. I am now 22 retired Navy Sea Bee, and a Baptist Preacher in Florida. At no tine in those capacities have I had respect for the Kenny clan, but there is not much I can do to change the minds of low information voters, especially since the mass media wets their panties at just the mere mention of the Kennedy's. Same with Obama followers. One woman voted for BHO because he was going to by her a house. now another woman BHO going to buy a cellphone. There is no fixing stupid.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Of course, one has to concede that the Kennedys ( like the majority of those of Irish extraction **) were blessed with good looks and more than just a modicum of Irish charm and blarney. Couple that, in Jack's case with the beauteous Jacky O, then who could refuse them anything ! Add to the mix JFK's dramatic death at such a young age, then one has the recipe for martyrdom and sainthood, as has been so vividly demonstrated over the years. Given the above it is understandable that later generations have sought to pursue political careers for themselves and to perpetuate the Kennedy clans political aspirations.

My main irritation is that globally, intelligent people who should know better, still believe the Kennedys to be as pure as the driven snow !

** I exclude, of course, the " black Irish " - those " Begorrah, Bejasus " hoolies of the beetling brows and crooked teeth, generally clad in suit of tweeds and clutching a piglet
under each arm !

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Look who came back... no longer fed up with being criticized by people who doubt your every word, accuracy and vast knowledge?

Please do tell another amusing tale, Commander Marlin McBragg.

*Welcome back: I do enjoy your posts

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Come back ? I never went away. I continued to read threads but merely declined to submit posts for the reasons you have illustrated.

I'm off to Reyjavik soon for some hunting ( plus 'er indoors wants to see the Aurora
Borealis ).

In the meantime, I'll start recounting a story from my visit to India last year.

Not being one to travel lightly, I always take abroad a couple of bottles of very expensive single malt or bourbon with me. This is because these whiskies are rarely available outside of the UK/USA. I also take one of my collection of hand crafted crystal whisky tumblers as well, not wishing to sip a very fine whisky out of a plastic cup or hotel bathroom toothbrush glass. A couple of years ago when visiting the Philipines a very nice hotel manager had a beautiful mahogany, brass bound, velvet lined travelling case made up for me to put my whisky glass into, so this keeps the glass safe.

At the end of my first day in Calcutta, I returned to my hotel only to find that my glass had gone from my room. I guessed that it had been inadvertently cleared away by my very pretty housemaid ( who had done me a nice favour the night before ) so I said nothing about it, knowing, as I did, that she'd doubtless be reprimanded if I complained.

In order to keep this tale short I'll submit it in 2 or 3 short posts if anyone lets me know that they'd like to hear more. Ciao.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
very pretty housemaid ( who had done me a nice favour the night before )

Ok so you have got my attention, please do continue.... :D

Welcome back by the way, I promise to behave this time... ;)

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Here's part two.

At the end of my stay in this hotel, I was sat in reception waiting for my chauffeur and travel guide to collect. The hotel manager glided up and asked me if I had enjoyed my stay. " Yes " , I told him, " but some bugger nicked my crystal whisky glass ! ".
He was devastated !! " Please remain here, sir . I will find it for you ". He ordered me a pot of coffee. Ten minutes later he returned with two waiters both carrying large trays of about thirty assorted miscellaneous drinks glasses which they put down on the table in front of me. Was mine amongst them ? No, it bloody wasn't ! The was, though, a very vulgar glass which when tilted showed a tiger leaping out of a bush and screwing a naked blonde
( Yes, I was tempted, but I didn't ! ). When my glass was not to be found the manager asked me where I was staying that night . " Darjeeling " , I replied. " I will find your glass and have it couriered on to you ". " OK ", I told him, and reaching into my bag I pulled out my mahogany whisky glass travel box. " You'd better have this then, so the glass doesn't get broken ". My bags were taken out to my car and I waved the manager goodbye.

Part three to follow.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Part three of the tale of the wandering whisky glass. This is quite a tame story, guys, so I hope it doesn't disappoint. I chose not to recount the tale of my visit to the knocking shops of the Bibi Garh in case it is thought to be too risqué.

Needless to say, my glass was NOT waiting for me at my hotel in Darjeeling, although my disappointment did get me a free upgrade to the Presidential Suite. This was sublimely superb, not least for its anti monkey screens fitted to the outside balconies ( apparently too many female guests had complained about the male monkeys wanking off whilst peering in at them through the windows. I was told this by my chamber maid whose English was poor, but whose hand gestures were very graphic !............once more I thought that my luck was in !

During the next three weeks my glass was always just one step behind me when I checked out of nine successive hotels - the poor sod from DHL must have worn out dozens of bibycle tyres as he followed me, always one day behind, from Nepal to Varanaisi, Delhi to Dahra Dun, Bombay to Calcutta etc etc.

On my last day in India, my hotel receptionist rang DHL and was told that the courier and his bike were now on a train about fifty miles away and heading towards my hotel in Delhi, but I had a plane to catch so left India with my whisky glass about 45 minutes behind me !
Part four to follow.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I chose not to recount the tale of my visit to the knocking shops of the Bibi Garh in case it is thought to be too risqué.

Ok that story next please, hell it's worth getting Silver Subscription so you can post it on the Paid forum only... ;)

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Ok that story next please, hell it's worth getting Silver Subscription so you can post it on the Paid forum only... ;)

When I get around to it I'll " Print All The News Thats Fit To Print ".

In the meantime I've got to go and rub ointment on the cats haemoirroids
so I'll finish my whisky glass story tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom