Installing Access Apps (1 Viewer)

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:57
Hi All,

I have purchased a relatively expensive install package from InstallAware (version 17) and they offer 0 meaningful support unless you want to pay $200 per hour. I have figured out how to make the installer work in the Test Run in IDE, but when I deploy it, a couple things happen. One, it doesn't always recognize my code signing certificate, which basically results in the download file being blocked or deleted. More importantly, I keep getting the error message "You do not have permission to access the file", which I think is because the install files are in a subfolder on my website that users cannot access. Since there are 30+ install files in that subfolder, I am reluctant to move all the files to the www folder. I can't seem to find a way to make the folder properties "accessible" for the end user (using Expressions Web). Not sure if anyone knows a resource where I can get the ins and outs of install best practices, but if you can share a url or recommend a tutorial I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom