problem import Access 2016 .accdb table to SQL Server 2019 (1 Viewer)

eugzl

Local time
Today, 03:39
Hi All.
I have problem to import .accdb database table to SQL Server 2019 via SSMS. The both apps MS Access 2016 and SQL Server are 64-bits. Also I installed Access Database Engine using accessdatabaseengine_X64,exe installation file. But when tried to use import data wizard in SQL Server following:
Right-click database > Tasks > Import Data > In Choose a Data Source drop in dropdownbox I didn't see Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider. I have only one choice related to Access - Microsoft Access Database (Microsoft Jet Database Engine).
Two question:
1. How import .accdb table to SQL Server?
2. How to check if Access Database Engine installed properly?
Thanks

Local time
Today, 09:39
Last edited:

eugzl

Local time
Today, 03:39
Did you read Connect to an Access Data Source (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard) ? If you use SSMS without having SQL Server installed on the same machine, it uses SSMS x86, where you don't see x64 Data Sources.

Or try SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access and if Access ist still your Front_End read Optimizing Microsoft Office Access Applications Linked to SQL Server
Hi ComputerVersteher. Thanks for reply.

I have SSMS and SQL Server installed on the same machine.
I checked redistry of my PC.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines
SystemDB - system.mdb

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)
FileExtns - *.mdb, *.accdb

It says that Access Database Engine installed, but SQL Server still cannot connect to .accdb database.

Thanks

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:39
If you start the SQL Server Import and Export Data tool through SSMS, it will always start the 32bit edition of the tool, I believe.
To make sure you get the 64bit edition, it's better to start the Import and Export Data tool (DTSWizard.exe) directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom