Have a Chat area (Flash Chat) (1 Viewer)

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 16:28
Has the admin folk considered having a Chat area for members?

I belong to another forum group that uses this same format for the fourm and they have implemented "flash chat". It is a relly neat place were members can just chat about issues.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
i don't know about anyone else, but i really don't have the time to be doing that.

and i also don't have the time to spend talking to colin, which is always a waste of time anyway...

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Well, I was really thinking that it could be a tool for getting imediate discussions to solve problems, but I guess I was thinking that talking about it would not take up that much time. Oh, well, it was worth the thought.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Well, I was really thinking that it could be a tool for getting imediate discussions to solve problems, but I guess I was thinking that talking about it would not take up that much time. Oh, well, it was worth the thought.
just because i don't have the time and would never utilize it, doesn't mean it cant happen B. the world doesnt revolve around little old Me. (I HOPE not anyway!)

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
I hear you. Nothing revolves around me. However, I know that I am a "big wheel" because all I seem to do is go around and around in circles. :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 22:28
just because i don't have the time and would never utilize it, doesn't mean it cant happen B. the world doesnt revolve around little old Me. (I HOPE not anyway!)

Damn, myth busters strike again :D

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:28
:)yeh. flash chat is a great way to get immediate response. i would vote for that as site suggestion.

Mr. B would you mind to PM me on what other forum group you belong. I believe more sources of information, the better. Thanks. I hope this site will soon have flash chat.:)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Sorry, I can't see the need for a chat facility. ON the forum as is you can get a very quick response so why waste time having another place to search for a solution. Speed of a response is not as important as accuracy so why bother with gimmicks.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Does it not defeat the point of sharing solutions to more than the original thread opener?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Does it not defeat the point of sharing solutions to more than the original thread opener?
I agree with this. How much work would it be to capture solutions if we use a flash chat? too much memory consumption and time consumption...

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Of course it would be helpful if you wanted to set up a dating site :D

Although I don't fancy chating up Colin :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom