Subject not showing up in Outlook (1 Viewer)

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:55
Have a button on form to send an email. All the fields (To, CC, Body text) get filled in for the outlook message except the subject. I stepped through the code and hovered over the field going into the subject and it contains data. Did I miss something or is there a typo?

Code:
With MailOutLook
        .BodyFormat = 3      'Late binding in lieu of olFormatRichText
        .To = ConcatRelated("email", "tblEmail", "distributiontype='To'", , ";") '"me@myemail.com"
        .CC = ConcatRelated("email", "tblEmail", "distributiontype='cc'", , ";")
        '.bcc = ""
        .Subject = Me.txtUCASEFilename
        .HTMLBody = stBody & "<br>" & Signature
        '.Send
        .Display  'Use for testing in lieu of .Send
End With

Attachments

• Outlook_NoSubject.PNG
    Outlook_NoSubject.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 59

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:55
Hello sxschech,

Out of sheer curiosity, have you tried a debug.print .Subject right after you assigned it a value? If it actually shows that it has been assigned then I have no idea what the issue is.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:55
Added a debug.print as suggested and showed nothing in the immediate window for subject while textbox's text shows up. Also did a len on them and that shows as 0 in immediate window for subject and 48 for textbox.

Code:
 .Subject = Me.txtUCASEFilename
        .HTMLBody = stBody & "<br>" & Signature
        '.Send
        Debug.Print "txtBox " & Me.txtUCASEFilename
        Debug.Print "len txtbox " & Len(Me.txtUCASEFilename)
        Debug.Print "Subj " & .Subject
        Debug.Print "len subj " & Len(.Subject)

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
That IS strange...no idea what the issue is. Are you able to “hard code” the subject. In other words populate it with a literal? If so, then you might fare by assigning the value to a string first and then setting the subject to that string?

The only other thing I could fathom is that maybe becuase the record has not been updated/saved prior to shelling out to Outlook, the value is not getting “pushed”.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
My guess is that it was trying to assign the OBJECT txtUCASEFilename to the Subject property. Something else that may have worked is
Code:
Me.txtUCASEFilename.Value

VBA is odd like that - sometimes it thinks you're assigning the object, not the value of the default property (which is what the Value property actually is). I run into that all the time when I'm assigning values to TempVars.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Figured there was a logical explanation. My first inclination always involves voodoo and midnight sacrifices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom