Back color and fore color for list box options (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:24
Here's a hint for you then. If you write a common subroutine in a general module, the greatest danger to program integrity (and the greatest threat to causing you to tear your hair out) is to forget that from a common subroutine, NOTHING on the calling form is local.

There are two approaches to this problem.

1. Make every control you intended to touch be a call parameter. This means a LOT of parameters in some cases. Doable but can be a bit tedious to write out the call.

2. Make every form that would need to call this function use the same names for corresponding controls, then pass the FORM as an argument and let it use that knowledge of the common structure to find each of the controls by that commonly used name.

Petrosunis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:24
Doc
Is there a max size for a zipped DB ? mine is 3mb zipped including image folder.
I have no important personal information in it, and nothing to hide.

Is this the right thread to put a zipped copy of it for someone to look at it?

I'm thinking if they could see what I'm doing that would help everyone.

I know there is more wrong with it than right, but its getting close to doing what we need it to.
I dont think my issues are complicated solutions for someone that knows what they are looking at. The real issue is I'm in to deep and trying to do things I really have no idea how to make happen.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:24
It is a personal quirk of mine that I do not upload or download databases here for any kind of examination. Perhaps too much of the Navy pounding into me to trust no file you didn't obtain through specific trusted channels, perhaps something else. But as a result, I have never used that feature. So sadly, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom