The Search Key Was Not Found!!! (1 Viewer)

Waldin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:11
When opening a Report i get an error that says the search key was not found, after clicking ok it opens the Report normally, but i could do without the error.

how do i get rid of this problem.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:11
That message usually indicates corruption. There's a number of ways to get a corrupt database, some of thethe most common being having an unsplit database with multiple users or using an Access database over a wireless or otherwise unstable network.

What I would do is dig through the tables that relate to that report and see if you can find a record with damaged data. It might look like the data is a bunch of Chinese characters, or a bunch of ########### or the like. Remove that record and then create a new database and import all the components from the damaged database into the new one.

If you can then compact you should be ok but you may want to look into how the data became corrupt.

Please post back if you have any questions.

Good luck

SHADOW

Waldin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:11
thanks shadow, this is very helpful, and a huge task as well but i guess theres no fast way to work, only the right way.

il do as you suggest and im sure il be 100% satisfied.
Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:11
Many times, if there is a corrupt record, you may not be able to delete it until you run Compact and Repair. If you do, save a copt as a backup first. And once done you will find the record by looking in the PK field a where there is nothing there.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:11
thanks shadow, this is very helpful, and a huge task as well but i guess theres no fast way to work, only the right way.

il do as you suggest and im sure il be 100% satisfied.
Thanks.

Most welcome. Please feel free to ask if you need a hand with any of those tasks.

And, as I said, it is imperative that you identify the cause of the corruption or it's likely recur.

Cheers

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom