Qr code to find a record in database (1 Viewer)

scopes456

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:58
i have a database that i would like to find records using a QR code. Is this possible if i have the QR code listed for the given record i would like to find.

The idea is to have an employee scan the QR code, it will either enter the code in the search field in the database , or automatically pull up the record.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:58
Sorry, your shorthand is lost on me.

First, are we actually talking about a scanner of some sort of code similar to a bar code reader? Second, what kind of signals can you get from the scanner that you want to use to scan your code?

The answers to those questions will make all the difference in the world regarding whether this is something you could do.

You MIGHT wish to do a forum search on "Barcode scanner" as a way to see how to use external scanner devices in an Access application. The ribbon under the "Welcome, Username" box includes "Search" as an option 3rd from the right.

HiTechCoach

Local time
i have a database that i would like to find records using a QR code. Is this possible if i have the QR code listed for the given record i would like to find.

The idea is to have an employee scan the QR code, it will either enter the code in the search field in the database , or automatically pull up the record.

A QR code is square. It usually is the URL (web address) for more info or a persons contact info.

A UPC code has vertical lines and usually number underneath. This is assign to products to uniquely ID them. This is commonly used at grocery stores.

Do you really have a QR code that you want to scan?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Coach, my comment was based on the idea that an external scanner might behave the same whether we are talking QR code or Bar code. Hope I didn't confuse you!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Coach, my comment was based on the idea that an external scanner might behave the same whether we are talking QR code or Bar code. Hope I didn't confuse you!

No problem I was not confused by your comment. You were asking abut the scanner (hardware and/or software). The "how".

I was asking about the actual physical thing (Paper, metal, digital) to be scanned. The "what"

My questions were for scopes456. I was trying to get clarification on what they were scanning. It is common to can the Universal Product Code (UPC) to get the item number so it does not have to be manually typed. A Quick Response (QR) code is use to store information about the item and may not include the item number..

I deal with bar code on a daily basis for the past 20 years with my Accounting /Inventory control software and Project/Billing/Time Tracking solution. I have enve figure out how to draw a bar code for printing. I also use smartphones and tablets as a scanner or a hand held scanning station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom