Dange Range as a criteria (1 Viewer)

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:57
Using this code produces no record since the format in my date picker is mm/dd/yyyy
That shouldn't make any difference as the format is applied to both the form text box and the field but try it without the format like

Code:
Where [dateField]>=[Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] And [dateField]<=[Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo]

But if this works it would be a surprise as it's the same as using Between

Last edited:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Please note my edit in my previous post it should have been

Where [dateField]>=[Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] And [dateField]<=[Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo]

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:57
Can you post up the whole SQL query you are using. There must be something else going on here.

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 19:57
IF you are using date and time in the field, then the end date may not work.
If you enter date only and it has time then it only includes items at midnight and nothing beyond.
If you want the entire end date then you must include all times 1/1/15 11:59:59 pm.
but this is only for End date. Start date starts a midnight and should not have a problem.

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
how about this criteria:

Where Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")>=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom],"yyyymmdd") And Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")<=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo],"yyyymmdd")

Hi Arnel,

I replaced the SQL code to ">=" and "<=" to "Between" and "And", and now it works. You're the man :)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:57
it shouldn't be an issue with US/UK date formats, but it is possible.

Generally SQL expects US dates, so where ambiguous a UK date is taken as an American date. 01/07/2016 can get treated as Jan 7th 2016, not 1st July. But using dates from controls should resolve this.

how are the controls formatted on your form? Are they set as shortdate format?

Between [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo]

Are users just typing a date in ,or picking from a date picker. Are users set to UK or US (or indeed some other) regional setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom