Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Gadgets

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM   #16
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough
Re: E-cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
Agh, good old days, I remember the Marlboro Man, a dead fit cowboy type. I used to smoke Marlboro, then went on to English fags like No.6, smoked them for years. I'm on Rothmans now although I do splash out on some non tipped like Senior Service every now and then. But at 12 ($14) ish for a pack of 20 it's not cheap.

Thank god I've got a good pension or I might have to cut down or even give up. Sometimes I pop over to Belgium on Eurostar to buy fags in bulk, much cheaper there.

Col
Hopefully they won't kill you they way they did my father.

He spent six months gasping for air due to his inoperable lung cancer, then one night drowned in his own blood.

I've had two grandparents die of lung cancer as well, both, like my father, life-long smokers. Possibly three, but I was young enough when the other died that all I was told was that he was sick. He was also a smoker, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM   #17
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about
Re: E-cigarettes

I don't think there's any debate that putting ANYTHING in your lungs not meant to be there is harmful. The question really revolves around HOW harmful is vaping? Is it less harmful than smoking? Theories tend to point to yes, but there hasn't been enough long-term studies on the health impacts of long-term vaping.

I quit smoking last year by switching to nicotine pouches named Zyn. They contain no tobacco, so no tar or other cancerous chemicals. They are filled with a nicotine salt. You use them similar to Snus. I was able to stop smoking pretty much cold turkey and haven't breathed better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: