Access in Thumbdrive??? (1 Viewer)

Benny Wong

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
Hello All,
I am working with Access 2002 and wondered if I purchase the Microsoft Office 2002 Developer Toolkit to create
a runtime version of the Access Database that I created, can it
be installed into the "ThumbDrive"? By the way, the "ThumbDrive" is a USB type drive where you connect to your connect to your
USB Port. If I understand the Access Developer's Toolkit is used to create a runtime version of the Database that you create and the target user don't have a copy of Access?
Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks in advance for any response or suggestions.

bradcccs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:33
I would imagine (not tested though) that your final database could reside on the "Thumbdrive" but Access Runtime would need to be installed on the actual PC.

You could store the installation files on the thumbdrive, but you would need to activate the installation before using the database.

The PDW does NOT create a self executable database!

FYI my packages are ~ 15Mb (without the optional IE5 cabs)

HTH

Brad.

Benny Wong

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
ThumbDrive running Access

Hello Brad,
Thanks for the quick response. I didn't expect the response so quick. Anyway, if I understand what you are saying then the
runtime can reside on the "ThumbDrive" however, I still have to install on the client PC the installation files in order to run the
custom Access database that I have created. If this is the case,
would you know of any product that can be run on the ThumbDrive - 128mb, which can collect information from the system and store the result in either comma delimited format or in Access format? I need the product to be able to do system
API calls.
Any ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance for your time and quick response.

Benny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom