Add special character to a text field (1 Viewer)

Rachael

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:11
Hi All,

I've searched far and wide for an answer, I thought it should be easy but am having some difficulty.

I would like to add a smiley face or a sad face to a standard comments list so that when that comment is added to a record on a form and subsequently printed, the information can be quickly looked at and determined whether a good report or bad report.

The example is a pest and disease monitoring record keeping one. The vineyard is monitored and standard observations made, they might be good or bad or a combination ie : (sad face) Disease present or (smiley face) Beneficial insects present

I discovered the Wingdings happy and sad faces but couldn't workout how to get then added to a field thats a different font.

Hope theres an easy answer, thank you to all who have a look.

Rachael

Premy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:11
Well, u might save some tiny smiley images somewhere then load them in an image frame in your form (Single or Continuous view)

Here would be a sample code to load the image:
Sub getFileName()

Dim fileName As String
Dim result As Integer
With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
.Title = "Select Smiley"
.Filters.Add "All Files", "*.*"
.Filters.Add "JPEGs", "*.jpg"
.Filters.Add "Gifs", "*.gif"
.Filters.Add "Bitmaps", "*.bmp"
.FilterIndex = 2
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialFileName = CurrentProject.Path
result = .Show
If (result <> 0) Then
fileName = Trim(.SelectedItems.item(1))
Me![ImagePath].SetFocus
Me![ImagePath] = fileName
Me![IM1].Picture = Me![ImagePath]
End If
End With
End Sub

IM1 is the name of the Image Frame and ImagePath is the name of the field where the path to the image is stored, for ex. "C:\MyDb\Images\Smiley1.jpg". You will have to add this field to the underlying table of course.

HTH

Rachael

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:11
Cheers Premy, thank you so much for your reply, I guess I was wanting to be able to concatenate it onto the actual field ie the capital J in Wingding format is a smiley face but would guess that different fonts in the one field are impossible.

I'll have to think about another way of getting a smiley :) next to the comments

Thanks,

Rachael :p

omikeyz

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:11
I needed the wildcard "*" added to a string in a text box so I wrote 201705 & * in the default box and that worked on the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom