access 2010 combo box table/quiery column lookup... (1 Viewer)

PsyKo

Local time
Today, 04:29
hi all :)

i have a very weird database... but... i nned it to do sumthing sooo...

problem;
i want a form to use a combobox then have a few text boxes auto fill the details... i have attempted to use the comboX.columnX command however this fails to work...

what i have is 3 tables,
business details
employee details
car details

1 business can have many employees,
and each employee can have many cars.

i have used a query to gather all this information into 1 place,... THIS IS PROBABLY WHERE IM GOING WRONG?? but if it can be done in another way then so be it...

on a form i want to be able to search for a car reg (this is my primary key in the car details table).

once the car reg is entered i want the employee details to appear, ie, name, address, ect and then also have the business name, address ect appear...

any thoughts would be muchly appreiciated :)

reagrds :)

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
Hi,

See attached for how I would do this. Bringing all the data together is sensible, then you just need a query to search that data and a form to show the results. I've done this using frmSearch and a subform called frmSearchResults.

By removing record selectors, navigation buttons etc, you can make it look like a "box" if you don't want it to look like a subform and of course you could then set the border style to Transparent or make any other formatting choices you want.

I hope this helps!

Pat

Attachments

• Cars Access2003.mdb
    484 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom