Solved Schedule grid (1 Viewer)

klsblues

Local time
Today, 14:46
Do you want 1 combo with all 15 minute choices (i.e. 12:00 am 12:15 am, .... 11:30 Pm, 11:45 pm)? I would think, that would be a lot of choices to scroll through. Does not make it easier. However that could be done without a pop up form. Or do you want two combos, hours (12 Am, 1 AM, 2 AM .... 11 pm) and minutes (00,15,30, 45)
Hi MajP,

Thanks for coming back so quickly!

They have asked for the 1 combo box to select the time in 1 go and they don’t mind the 24 hr format if it helps. I was thinking of defaulting the combo to 08:00

Thanks again - Kevin

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:46
See if this works.

Attachments

• GridSchedule V13.accdb
    6.3 MB · Views: 59

klsblues

Local time
See if this works.
Hi MajP,

Works great - thank you very much! I need to give you a break now don't I !

I have attached the V14 DB changes, so that you can see where I've got to with all your help. A long way to go with the DB yet, but I am hoping most other stuff, will be somewhat simpler.

Thank you very much again
Kind regards - Kevin.

Attachments

• GridSchedule V14.accdb
    6.7 MB · Views: 80

MajP

Local time
Sure thing. Seems to work well. This may be of interest since this is the technique used here. This is relatively easy for me since I have done this in the past. If you have never seen these techniques you would not know where to start. This discussion may be of interest because it addresses this approach.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Trying to open frmGrid?
1696509361401.png

Do later vsersions have more options for CF?

MajP

Local time
Do later vsersions have more options for CF?
That is often a bad message. Has nothing to do with the number of format conditions. However, you are in 2007 so the limit might have been less via code. At one time it was only 3, but even then I thought you had more via code.
Now you have 50 conditions, in code.
some older discussion

JtrilloJ

Local time
Today, 15:46
klsblues: Excellent work from you. However, if you want to see other sources, I recommend a very good development by Helen Feddema. Thanks Helen if you read this. There is a sample on office-watch. I don't see that the File can be downloaded. On her day I downloaded it from her website which is now closed or I don't know how to access it. I have that file, but I can't find it. Maybe it's on an old PC. However, you can see that code as another source. Greetings >> JTJ

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Helen Feddema's website went offline a couple of years ago.
However, you can still find many of Helen's Access Archon articles archived on the Wayback Machine internet archive

JtrilloJ

Local time
Colin: Congratulations because I was able to find what I was looking for. It is Example 242. I think because I am a newbie to this forum it doesn't let me upload links. In any case, if it's up to you and you want to provide it, it would be good for klsblues. Greetings >> JTJ

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi
I have several of Helen's articles and just happen to have the zip file for Access Archon 242....
Please confirm that is the correct one!

As you suspected, to limit spammers, new members cannot upload files until a certain threshold of posts is reached

Attachments

• accarch242.zip
    779.8 KB · Views: 79

JtrilloJ

Local time
Hi
I have several of Helen's articles and just happen to have the zip file for Access Archon 242....
Please confirm that is the correct one!

As you suspected, to limit spammers, new members cannot upload files until a certain threshold of posts is reached
Hi Colin: That's exactly the file I was referring to. Thank you very much for your collaboration. Yes, it is also useful for klsblues, great. My regards >> JTJ

MajP

Local time
These are the two approaches to do this. Display the data using a cross tab as I did, or create a temp table to display the normalized data in a non-normalized way. The latter provides more flexibility, but requires you add and delete records which needs to be accounted for (bloat). The crosstab is probably more efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom