Repetitive pages in report for each Subform record (1 Viewer)

aattas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
Experts,

I have done many subform inside main form and produce a report with the combination of subreport to main report. All in one page.

Today ironically, I tried to do the same but shockingly , the system seemed to think that each record from the subform (continuous form) must have a page by itself. So if I have three entries in the subform, three report pages resulted with all three writeup. If four entries, four pages of all entries resulted.

I tried to change the Record Source from table to Query ,but the result is the same.
Anybody knows the problem, I appreciate

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
Are you grouping the records? Is there a group header or footer? You might consider posting a small copy of your db, so we can help you troubleshoot it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:40
Try moving the subreport(s) from the detail section to the header (or footer) of your main report.

Or use your main report has a 'holding container' with no data and no record source.
Put all data into the subreports - they should then be fine in the detail hopefully

aattas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
Gentlemen,

Thankyou for your responses, but actually I found the problem was totally mine. i tried for a fast job copied a report from another file and linked it with the subform. So I guess that system dont see the link. Then I started the report from the base and it went ok.

Thankyou again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom