Personnel / Document Storage, Archive (1 Viewer)

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:18
Hi
My database is to have a Personnel data area whereby I can store all relevant details for employees within the company.
I plan to incorporate a feature whereby I can alos maintain a history of documentation written and issued including links to the actual documents for that employee during their time with the company.

Has anyone done a similar thing they would be willing to allow me to use?
I figure this would contain links to work documents stored on the hard drive in a specific folder. Selection of a specific item from a historical list - would invoike Word /similar and display the appropriate file...

Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Thank you.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 05:18
ghudson - has done somthing along these lines - check out his samples for opening a directory - (the same has about 4 options on how to do this and simlair stuff)
if you cna get this working it is fab..( this is on my list to do - so i haven't been able to get it to do 1005 of what I want)

g

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Gary - any chance you can post me some links have done a search on GHudson but there is tons of stuff and Im not too sure what the item header desciription would be that I am looking for.....

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 05:18
found a version of the file - zip format on Access 2000

Attachments

• update.zip
    99.9 KB · Views: 104

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks - this example DB shows how to Shell Execute files which is OK.

However, I am more specifically after code that will track document changes from within Access ie. allowing user to create and save say Word documents whilst maintaining file name/ location information against an employees history record .....

Thereby keeping a history of all documents written to a particular employee etc.

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
For those interested - I found the following which uses a Rich Text Editor OCX which does everything I need to perform the function detailed previously but has the added advantage that the RTF code is maintained in table format within Access with little DB bloat!

Check it out : Rich Text Control

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
For those interested - I found the following which uses a Rich Text Editor OCX which does everything I need to perform the function detailed previously but has the added advantage that the RTF code is maintained in table format within Access with little DB bloat!

Check it out : Rich Text Control

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom