how to display multiple item on form (1 Viewer)

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
Dear all,

Would like to seek help in how to display multiple items on the form.
Based on my screenshot I attached, I selected two colors (item in black) and retrieve on my form, but it populates two same colors onto my textbox. How to display two different colors on the textbox?

Attachments

• form.png
    form.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 140

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Set the form property to:
Continuous form

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:26
I don't really get your question? My comprehension of it is like when you catch sight of something out of the corner of your eye and you look out of the window and it's not there!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
luzz,

I'm with Tony on this --seems there's a lot of info missing. More detail and even a "mock up" or two to show exactly what you need/expect as output is needed.

Perhaps ranman has guessed successfully --if so, we may need to have him select some lotto numbers.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Is the control on top where you make your selection a multiselect listbox? Are you trying to edit or add multiple records?

Cheers,
Vlad

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Is the control on top where you make your selection a multiselect listbox? Are you trying to edit or add multiple records?

Cheers,
Vlad

Is a multi select listbox, where i want to display mutiple color on my textbox then save it to the database

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
luzz,

I'm with Tony on this --seems there's a lot of info missing. More detail and even a "mock up" or two to show exactly what you need/expect as output is needed.

Perhaps ranman has guessed successfully --if so, we may need to have him select some lotto numbers.

I want to be able show the two colors that i have mutiselect from my lisbox on the textbox on my form. Currently i am only able to show one color on my form.

Example; I selected two colors on the listbox but it will only show one color on on page of the form and the color on the next form. What i mean by next form is that i will need to click on the next button that i have coded to show the next color

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
I goggle online and result show that maybe i can use dlookup function in my textbox. Therefore i tried, but i keep getting error.

Below is my dlookup query:
=DLookUp("[Colour]","[Lst_PO]","[GLGPO]=" & [GLGPO])

Would appreciate if you all can tell me where i go wrong

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
continuous form does not work, i have tried
I also believe that a continuous subform is the solution. Can you explain what didn't work about the continuous subform?

I've attached a sample that shows how to use a multi-select listbox to control a subform.

Attachments

• FillFormFields.zip
    333.2 KB · Views: 63

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
I also believe that a continuous subform is the solution. Can you explain what didn't work about the continuous subform?

I've attached a sample that shows how to use a multi-select listbox to control a subform.

The reason why i said that continuous form does not work is because, i am unable to see the change of color when i scroll through the form. Hmm, what i want to achieve is that when i select two colors from the listbox on the form, i will be able to see two different colors on the textbox on the form. However, now i am only able to see one color.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 04:26
Could you post some sample data + your form?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You need to use conditional formatting to set color on a continuous (or datasheet) form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom