Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > SQL Server

Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
CedarTree
Newly Registered User

CedarTree is on a distinguished road
#Delete in tables?

I'm getting the dreaded #Delete in rows in a table that is linked from SQL server to Access. Primary Key is clearly defined. No nulls in that. Not using BigInt (googling suggests this may be a problem). It's just crazy. Here's my table design in SQL server... Please help!

PlanCode int Unchecked
TermDate nvarchar(30) Unchecked
IntRate nvarchar(30) Checked
Mortality nvarchar(30) Checked
MidYear nvarchar(30) Checked
Interpolation nvarchar(30) Checked
NormalForm nvarchar(30) Checked
ERPSupplement nvarchar(30) Checked
PlanReference nvarchar(255) Checked

CedarTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
CedarTree
Newly Registered User

Re: #Delete in tables?

Ha! I think I figured it out. The person filling in the table was using the greater than or equal (single) character rather than >=

The field in question was a text field). So it seems Access freaked out about that character. Lesson learned.

Last edited by CedarTree; 04-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,693 Posts
isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarTree View Post
Ha! I think I figured it out. The person filling in the table was using the greater than or equal (single) character rather than >=. So it seems Access freaked out about that character. Lesson learned.
How did they manage that - its not a standard keyboard character!

The latest version of Access 2016 using office 365 CAN handle BigInt. Any Access 2016 versions prior to about last August or previous versions can't do so.

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
CedarTree
Newly Registered User

It was a copy/paste from Excel and Excel allows that character of course.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: