Dreaded 2950 (1 Viewer)

LANLJim

Local time
Yesterday, 21:34
Hi all -

Office Pro 2016, Access tables are saved as 2007-2016 format.

We have a database that has been working fine. A form allows a user to supply a variable, and a query uses that variable (a name) to inner join other tables and supply a report based on a VBA code for date Date(). Has worked just fine.

Lately, we get the "Undefined function 'Date' in expression" error, with code 2950.

I have a backup copy of the database in the exact same location that works just fine. It has older data so I cannot use it, but it does not generate the error and works fine. The queries are exactly the same, and both files sit in the same location.

I have gone through the trust thing, finally telling Access to trust the entire C:\ drive and all subfolders. The backup copy works fine, the current gives the error.

I have compacted and repaired, same result. Tables are the same, query is the same, files sitting in the same folder.

? Any thoughts?

LANLJim

Local time
Here is the query:

SELECT Actions.[Action Owner], Main.[Report Type], [Finding Data].[Issue Number], [Finding Data].[Issue Summary], Actions.[Action Number], Actions.[Action Description], Actions.[Due Date], Actions.[Completion Date]
FROM Main INNER JOIN ([Finding Data] INNER JOIN Actions ON [Finding Data].[Issue Number] = Actions.[Finding Number]) ON Main.[Report Number] = [Finding Data].[Report Number]
WHERE (((Actions.[Action Owner]) Like [Forms]![WeeklyReportSelection]![cboWeeklyowner]) AND ((Actions.[Due Date])>Date()+30) AND ((Actions.[Completion Date]) Is Null));

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
sounds like you have lost a reference in your vba code library. As a minimum you should have

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access xx.x Object Library
OLE Automation

LANLJim

Local time
sounds like you have lost a reference in your vba code library. As a minimum you should have

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access xx.x Object Library
OLE Automation

EDIT: Thanks CJ, that got me in the right direction. I went into DATABASE TOOLS, then VISUAL BASIC, then selected TOOLS from the menu, and finally REFERENCES. It was indicating a MISSING option for a reference, so I unchecked it. That made the problem go away. Odd that it changed like that.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
You might also wish to attempt to reassert the reference that went missing if you can recall what it was. Normally, if you have a Microsoft Office or Windows patch that alters a library, Access will automatically catch the update and will update the corresponding reference without your intervention. So it is a bit odd to think that it lost a reference and left it that way. But it has been known to happen.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
@DOC,

Recently hit this issue. New machine with the latest and greatest used to update a procedure. Decided to also update the references, so older copies of ACCESS lost their minds.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When you have multiple versions of Access co-resident, that IS a risk you might have to consider, because in that case, forward compatibility of the older versions is not at all guaranteed. Hell, we're lucky that we have reasonable backwards compatibility.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
@ Doc, It is also what happens when the IT department says "Nothing has changed"...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OUCH! Mark_, I know that one all too well. Though the one that always got me was, "All we did was restart the firewall, it should have remembered all of the settings."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom