Remote Desktop problem (1 Viewer)

steve711

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:53
You guys/girls have been such a huge help for me when it has come to my Access questions so I thought I would try this forum out to see if you all could help me one more time.

I have recently put together a new computer and everything is working great except for one thing. RDP will not connect through my works VPN connection.

I plugged my good old laptop in to the same router and it has no problems happily connecting.

The message I get on the new machine is "the connection the remote computer was broken" etc.

I have checked all of my network settings and they appear to be identical to the laptops.

I am using XP Pro with SP2. I have tried turning the firewall and virus protection off which BTW they are both on with the laptop and no problems. I have ensured the Exceptions have been allowed so when it is on life should be good.

I have even lowered the MTU on the router from 1500 to 1400 thinking that was it. But when I go to command line and check it returns the packets no problem.

So I am at a loss here. I can VPN in just fine and able to connect to the server and see what I need there but I really need access to my work computer from home and I hate dragging the old laptop out to do it.

Any help would be great or even new ideas to pursue.

Thanks.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:53
OK it obviously something to do with the new machine and I would suspect a Windows update has messed something up :rolleyes:

I'd check every setting to ensure they are same for both machines, including services (start > run and type services.msc).

I did find this its very long so scroll all the way to the bottom and you find that this was the problem, worth a shot.

Oh btw this does really belongs in Windows forum ;)

steve711

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:53
It was happily moved to Windows, oops.

So I tried that little trick to no avail. I am about to scream something that the kids shouldn't hear but this problem is driving me nuts.

My computer works perfectly except for this one problem that I cannot seem to solve.

So the search continues, should any of you stumble across this similar problem feel free to clue me in if I haven't already shot my computer and cried over my spilled milk.

Bye for now cruel RDP world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom