Project Management (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 01:44
I have over the last few months been building my own Project management system.

This is based around A Phase task principle but the phases and tasks are used to create an estimate for a project depending on how much time is assigned to each Task.

The system can use multiply Estimates with different billing codes plus their is a billing code system where billing can be done by a default list of codes (Rates 1-5) Or assigned rates for a client.

I'm not after any money for it and will make it available to members hear.
If anybody want to look at it and maybe make suggestions on improvements or let me know of any errors that would be great

It would be an mde with an mdb back end.

You should be able to update the back end that I don't think will be a problem LOL When it comes to new versions.

As I said I don't want ANYTHING For you using it but would be nice to get it working better.

mick
p.s Ill Post some pictures if ya want. And It is a work in progress?

Please use this topic from now on http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=121117 this is where the beta 1 downloads available from.

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 20:44
Can you compact and zip it and upload it here?

Rickster57

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:44
database

I think most of us would appreciate your kind offer.

Which version of Access is it?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 02:44
Or just post the pics ?

Edit :

While thinking about project management, why don't you use MS Project. MsProject can work together with Acces and it's rather easy to exchange data between the two.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
And Microsoft Project (full version, not upgrade) costs roughly $400-600. So, Free vs. $400, I guess it all depends on your budget.

Dreamweaver

Local time
It can be 2002 or 2003 as have both on diff systems.

Q: While thinking about project management, why don't you use MS Project. MsProject can work together with Access and it's rather easy to exchange data between the two.

A: I don't like MS Project but it should be able to talk to project

I'll sort some screen shots out as soon as I had my dinner.

P.S. I wont Upload it and make get generally available I'll Send copies out Via mail That way only those who do contribute around hear get it.

At The Min It's a work in progress but about 60% Complete

I'll sort a blank data copy tomorrow as I've been using it while building it so it has loads of test data that relates to my projects

Dreamweaver

Local time
Screen Shots 1

Attachments

• Contacts1.jpg
    Contacts1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 528
  • Contacts 2.jpg
    Contacts 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Contacts3.jpg
    Contacts3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Contacts4.jpg
    Contacts4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 394

Dreamweaver

Local time
Screenshots 2

Attachments

• Estimate1.jpg
    Estimate1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Invoice1.jpg
    Invoice1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Preferences1.jpg
    Preferences1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 264

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Looks very clean and professional. Great job!

Alan R

Registered User.
Local time
Dreamweaver,

That looks very impressive. I have been asked if i can produce a Management database in work although i don't believe it will be to the level of complexity as shown in the pictures you posted.

However i would very grateful if you could email me a copy.

Regards

Alan

Rickster57

Registered User.
Local time
I have a dream

Very impressive!! Looks like a lot of time, effort, and talented programming went into this project.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thanks For The Kind Comments :) :)

I have one update to do with relation to the primary and Site Customers As I have altered it To Use the primary customers table instead or a Customers Sites table I'm having a pop at that at the min.

It will track the time you spend on A Project and is automated IE Double click the start time will add current time then when you've finished with the phase\Tasks double click the End Time this will calc how many hours and Min's like 1.2 for 1 hour two Min's and work out the charge for that time.

The Times are all formatted so should work just as well in the USA as in the UK but any problems their can be sorted as long as you system date is a standard date format I think it should work.

one of the things I'm trying to sort a way of doing is incoming calls so it can pop up a clients details whose calling but that requires TAPI which the API is way above my head, It will phone out using the windows dialer no problem.

Many Thanks

Dreamweaver

Local time
Would Have helped if I had spelt Management correct in the title LOL

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just finished the main work on the Site Address For The Invoicing plus I've been able to add in an active filter from anther project that uses the same sites arrangement.

Not quite a finished job but double click a Customer works wonders I'll be adding a text search for phone numbers Act Soon.

Image Attached All Data It Test Data.

Attachments

• Address1.jpg
    Address1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
IMPORTANT - Setup Info

You can put the main folder on any drive or any sub folder if the data file can't be found then it will complain and ask where it is and reattach it's self to the new location as supplied.

In the main folder you will see another folder this is used by the clients documents it contains a set of A To Z folders where when new clients are added the system can depending on the settings in the attached screen create a master folder for the client plus for each project a project folder is created for that projects documents again depending on the settings in the attached image.

Therefore you must set the Default folders Location to the main folder.

Both the data file and default folders can be stored or a server I currently have a Small Nix server which I did use and will again when I replace the drive.

You will find three default products these will be assigned as per the image these are so sales on time and sales for products can be separated for later use, Don't remove these or all hell could brake loose when you click the create invoice as not sure if I protected that LOL.

I will leave the billing defaults you can edit the list or add new or even delete some but you must have at least 1.

The letter head thing just don't work and will be gone in the next version I'll add in something I did a while ago for that but was just trying a different way there But just couldn't get the damn thing to do what I wanted LOL.

So Really You Only Need Update the "Main Folders Location" and the VAT bits.

Not sure if that's enough for the USA but maybe somebody would set me straight there.

I'll send a copy to those who have PMed me with there Addy Tomorrow Night.

Attachments

• Setup1.jpg
    Setup1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 292

Dreamweaver

Local time
I have now sent copies as a 2003 mde to those who PMed me the Address.

Extra to setup Notes:

If you are designing projects for yourself or for sale not to a client in the address book (I call them in house projects) You will need to add yourself to the address book.

Plus you MUST add yourself and others into the employees system I'll be simplifying that section soon unless it's whats wanted.

mick

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Key things to remember when adding time
1.3 or 1.30 = 1 and a half hours

Always use a round number if adding only hours 1 = one hour 25 = twenty five hours LOL

1.15 = 1 Hour 15 Min's

Never use 1:30 always use a dot.

When numbers are displayed sometimes you will see 1.3 this is 1 hour 3 Min's 1.30 is 1 hour 30 Min's.

I will correct that so it puts a 0 in front of the 3 which will look better.

Mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just realized I have missed out what could actually be an essential from the project concept.

Who has copies?

Namely How do you send out updates to registered users or a company with a number of offices that all need updating.

So I'm thinking of adding a mail list thing so we can do just that.

Any Thoughts?

Dreamweaver

Local time
As Those who have a copy may know the updates for the projects screen didn't quite take as I found out tonight when adding a new project for a client which I had forgot to test.

now you'll know why it's 4:15AM and I'm posting this message when I should have been in bed hours ago LOL But I Think I have them sorted now just one final test adding a new client.

One of the complexities of this system is it uses different rate sources clients and defaults which I had altered that's where the problems were.

One Thing To Remember at the min Is YOU MUST ADD AN ESTIMATE AND AT LEAST ONE PHASE BEFORE BOOKING TIME I will protect it against that but that will be in the update I'm calling Project Final.

Not gonna say how I feel bout the errors but got it sorted sometimes I wish I didn't have these brain waves LOL

Mick

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
For those using this project I will be including an e-mail system that uses the dll that is supplied with The sample db hear.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=111046

I will also be using parts of the example so thanks bigtime to the gent for helping there LOL

At least I can send out copies or updates and wont forget anybody LOL.

If I had a brain at times I'd be dangerous LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom