Database Corrupt Please help (1 Viewer)

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:01
Hi there

I am getting error that MS Access db is corrupted and need s to be repaired.
I repaired tht db but still getting the error.
I have attached the error copy . Please help its urgent

thanks
Danny

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Below is the error i am getting

" MS Access have detected corruption in this file.To try to repair the corruption please take a backup first.Then on the tools menu ,point to database utilities and click on compact and repair DB. If you are currently trying to repair this corruption then you will need to recreate this file or restore for the previous backup. "

Now I have done upto Compact and repair step. But after that I am confused. What I am supposed to do. It is still giving the same error.
What does recover from backup step meanz?

Thanks
Danny

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:01
Make a new/empty mdb and turn off Tools>Options...>General Tab> Name AutoCorrect. and turn on Compact on Close (on the same tab), then close the db. Open it again and import everything from the old db in the new one and then close the new db. Open again and see if you still have the problem. It only take a minute to do what I've described. BackUp...BackUp...BackUp!

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
But the corrupted database is not letting me import all the forms and tables. Basicly as soon as i click on old db it gives the same error asi described.

Please help

Thanks
Danny

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 03:01
I had something similar happen to me... i lost everythig that i had done for the day... because i had a backup i only lost it for one day.. i could not recover my db.... you dont have a backup do you?

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
yes i do have backup.but its for last week. We take weekly backup for this database.
It will be great if some how i can recover this database.

Thanks for response
Danny

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 03:01
was it on friday?
are you more worried about data loss in the tables, or is this database still in the development stage?
I would prepare the database backup, cuz as it sounds to me, you arent going to be able to recover... i hope i am wrong though

danny123

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your responses. For now what i did ....i used sql server DTS tool to get all the data from tables into new database. And copied all the forms form the backup. So everything is fine and up to date.
But can you please suggest some caution for future.

Thanks
Danny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom