Want Announcement Message when opening (1 Viewer)

iziquiel

Local time
Today, 03:06
HOW TO - get a bubble message to open up when opening an access database. I am going to disable the database in 4 weeks and want to advise users in advance. They should still be able to access records. tanks - zeke

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 20:06
these are called "splash screens" and are simply a regular form with lots of code attached. i think i got mine to work buy copying much of the code from the northwind database. or you can do a search with the keywords "splash screen" in these forums and online.

alternatively, you can make a form and have it set at the default form in your database. the way you would do this depends on which vesion of access you are using.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:06
Also look up top "startup form" - which is how you do a "splash screen"

There used to be another method that would allow you to replace the "MS Access" logo (which is the REAL splash screen) with your own .BMP - which surely could have some notices on it. However, the login information also overlays that .BMP so you have to leave room for what gets overlaid.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:06
but basically

Code:
Sub testit()

Dim daystogo As Long

If DateValue(Date) > DateValue("31/12/2008") Then
  'force app quit
End If

daystogo = DateValue("31/12/2008") - Date
If daystogo < 100 Then
 MsgBox (daystogo & " days to go")
End If

End Sub

but now you also have to find a way to stop the user bypassing this startup code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom