Showing only first page in report (1 Viewer)

Matoco1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:38
Please help.

I have got a Report that runs from a query, its very basic all it does is count the records in the query and display "Total customers = X". The report and query work fine but for some reason it creates a new page for every entry so I get hundreds of pages of the same thing.

Is there a way to open it and view just page 1? :confused:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 16:38
Please help.

I have got a Report that runs from a query, its very basic all it does is count the records in the query and display "Total customers = X". The report and query work fine but for some reason it creates a new page for every entry so I get hundreds of pages of the same thing.

Is there a way to open it and view just page 1? :confused:

Are you using the report footer to display "Total customers = X". If not, try using that section. You can hod eh detail section completely.

It sounds like you may have the "Total customers = X" in the detail section.

You could also use a totaling query to to get the count and it would have only a single record.

Matoco1

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for the speedy reply, without being too cheeky any chance of an example im seriously strugling, Ive tried to use the footer and the same thing happened, and im still new to this so the total query thing has lost me

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 16:38
thanks for the speedy reply, without being too cheeky any chance of an example im seriously strugling, Ive tried to use the footer and the same thing happened, and im still new to this so the total query thing has lost me

Do you have anything in the detail section?

Do you have a section set to page break?

It is probably something in your report that is causing the issue. I would suggest that you try making a new report.

Here is a sample I help a member on another forum with that may help you:

Attachments

• report1.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Matoco1

Registered User.
Local time
thanks the example query really helped me, All working fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom