Survey Results (1 Viewer)

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
Hello… love this platform, question I have a database setup to key in surveys which some questions are Yes/No. As of now I need to report results of 19 surveys.

A report has been setup to count the Yes vs No questions - with a calculation showing % favorable, on 2 pages. Great!

The issue I am experiencing is - it duplicates the information - total pages 38. (I am assuming 19 surveys x 2 pages each). How do I condense that to just 2 pages?

The query that feeds the report only shows the Yes / No questions, 19 records with check boxes showing how it was answered No other unique identifier, to separate it.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
Where do you have your counts and such? It sounds like they may be in the detail section. If you're not displaying detail, just the counts, then the detail section should be empty and the counts in the report header or footer (for example).

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'll add that if you don't need the detail, you might be able to base the report on a totals query instead of the one that returns detail.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The issue I am experiencing is - it duplicates the information - total pages 38. (I am assuming 19 surveys x 2 pages each). How do I condense that to just 2 pages?
Sounds like your query is grouping on survey. If you want the report to just show one line for each y/n question, then remove survey from the totals query.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like your query is grouping on survey. If you want the report to just show one line for each y/n question, then remove survey from the totals query.

Umm, what totals query? 19 surveys, 19 records.

"As of now I need to report results of 19 surveys...The query that feeds the report only shows the Yes / No questions, 19 records"

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Umm, what totals query? 19 surveys, 19 records
Surveys are comprised of x questions. I think he is talking about the sum of responses by question rather than summing all questions by responder. Doesn't make a lot of sense to sum all the responses from each responder. So, each line of the report would be the sum of the 19 responses (technically it is ONE survey and 19 responses).

Lots of language questions all around.

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Umm, what totals query? 19 surveys, 19 records.

"As of now I need to report results of 19 surveys...The query that feeds the report only shows the Yes / No questions, 19 records"
The query shows 19 records, with 15 Yes/No questions shows a check for yes, Null for No - for all 15 questions. it doesn’t show any unique identifier such as an Emp ID or date when the survey was taken

It adds correctly the Yes vs No when I created the report by using =Sum(iif( formula. It just wants to duplicate it.

It should only be 2 pages with the total yes vs no per question but I am assuming it is creating 38 pages because of the 19 surveys x 2 pages. ??

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the confusion did you miss post 2?

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
let me see about moving them to the header or footer. Thank you, I appreciate all the help.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Your query is wrong. Please post either the database or a picture of the schema where we can see ALL the columns. Then post the SQL.

A table without a primary key is an accident waiting to happen.

You still never clarified and your re-explanation is just as muddy as the first one. We might be able to work it out if we can see the schema and the query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom