I need the screen to move to the selected cell (1 Viewer)

chaostheory

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:06
I've found it surprisingly hard to figure out how to make the screen focus on the selected cell.

Im running a macro that is updating the datavalidation fields. All the data validation stuff is in column AA1, AB1, AC1, etc. After it's done updating, i want it to select and focus on cell B2 which is where the user will start typing stuff.

range("B2").select
range("B2").activate
application.goto range("B2"), yes

all select the cell, but the cell is off the screen to the left and the screen:confused: focus is still around column AA. How can i tell excel to move screen focus to top left for instance or around a particular cell?

chaostheory

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry i think i solved it.

I was using application.screenupdating = false to keep changes from showing on the screen till it was done. It evidentally also keeps the focus from changing regardless of cell selection.

I moved the range("B2").select to AFTER the application.screenupdating = true at the end and then it worked just fine. Sorry for the waste post space :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 15:06
It is not a waste, people do solve their problems before getting a response, but frequently don't tell the forum.

Now anybody searching with the same problem will , maybe, find the answer.

Brian

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
I know this has been dead for a loooonnnggg time, but I was looking to soldve this problem today...and here it was!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom