Question Access Database migration (1 Viewer)

rajesh876

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:15
Hello,

I need suggestions from you how to approach for the following scenario.

I have 2 ms-access databases in 97 right now.One of the developer designed a new application adding some new features.New database is in SQL right now.I believe the columns and validations are not same in both versions.My problem how can i export the data from 2 old databases to single new sql server database.I am sure there will be many errors while exporting.

Please suggest me.
Thanks,

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:15
Answering your question would require detailed knowledge of both the original and new data structures.

If the new application was intended to include management of the same data as the old databases then the importing of the data should have been included in the design specification given to the developer.

One of the front ends (or more likely a specifically constructed one) will need to connect to both the old backend and the sql server. The old data structure will have to be translated to the new structure using queries and these records appended to the sql server. This could be quite an extensive task of the structure has radically changed.

rajesh876

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:15
Yeah...It is going to be tough task for me as the didn't consider the old database design when he is developing the new one.thanks for your suggestions.I will try to start importing...I will bug u if i had any issues...lol...Thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom