Database (.accdb) Password Recovery (1 Viewer)

blackxsabah

Local time
Today, 20:19
I need to recover a database password (.accdb). Anyone know how or is there any good software password recovery out there?

Thanks in advance

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 22:19
AFAIK you will have to pay money to get this done.

The security is not an Access part or your Data base. Security was removed in version 2003.

Where did your security come from?

What has been secured?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:19
if your db is a backend, look in the frontend linking information (see MsysObjects table), the password will be there as part of the connection string

blackxsabah

Local time
Sorry I'm not an expert when comes to access. The database was created in access version 2007. The database contain table only. As for whether it is backend database I;m not sure. All I know when I open the database, it asked for password. I can't click anything. Thanks again

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
so you don't have another database containing forms, queries etc which references the password protected db?

blackxsabah

Local time
so you don't have another database containing forms, queries etc which references the password protected db?

I do but it totally not related to this particular database. The database is actually old one but I need to open it for reference and because it is old I could not remember the password. Guess no workaround to recover the password right?

Regards

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
no - not much point of password protection if there was....

You'll have to go with Rainlovers suggestion. I can't recommend any website in particular, but do check out references before handing over your db

blackxsabah

Local time
no - not much point of password protection if there was....

You'll have to go with Rainlovers suggestion. I can't recommend any website in particular, but do check out references before handing over your db

Thanks to you and Rainlovers for replying. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom