Cannot access a new DB or open an existing DB (1 Viewer)

Hawkins1989

Local time
Today, 22:56
Hi All,

Need some real help here, whenever I try to make a new database or open an old one I get this, this isn't the password for the databases, I have no idea why it is showing up.
1692560419177.png

Is there a default admin password that anyone knows of and how would I stop this from happening in future? I am currently using Access 365.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Matt

Hawkins1989

Local time
Today, 22:56
Ok a quick update, I put my name in the name and hit enter and that worked so I can make databases and open etc...

So now does anyone know how to take this off so it doesn't show up everytime?

Many thanks
Matt

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:56
Looks like you have connected Access to a workgroup for an old Access database.

To get rid of this, you will have to log into a database using a clean, unsecured copy of System.mdw. If you don't have one, someone can send one to you. One of the problems with the security for Jet was that people would do this accidentally by not creating NEW workgroup file with a different name and leaving System.mdw unsecured.

It's been a long time since I did this and I'm on my way out. See if you can get the answer from the attached doc.

Attachments

• SECFAQ.zip
    58.1 KB · Views: 68

rstuppi

Local time
Today, 14:56
If you can get into the database, try these steps:

1. Open the dtabase.
2. Enter whatever name you entered in your previous post that allowed you to get past the login.
3. Hit Ctrl+G. This should open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications program showing several panes, one of which should be called Immediate.
4. Enter the following text into the Immediate pane: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWorkgroupAdministrator. This will open the Workgroup Administrator dialog.
5. Click "Join...". This should open the Workgroup Information FIle dialog.
6. Remove all the text from the "Workgroup:" data entry field.
7. Click OK. This should open a "You have successfully joined the workgroup..." dialog.
8. Click Ok. This should take you back to the Workgroup Administrator dialog.
9. Click Ok.
10. Close the database.
11. Open the database. Hopefully the dialog you are trying to get rid of no longer shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom