Replication database *accdb (1 Viewer)

radek225

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
I would like to do replication database via button using VBA (ADO connection string). how could I do that?

I tried to work with linked tables, but I have many calculations so it takes a few seconds. So I thought, can work with local tables and 1-2 times a day replicate database to another .accdb which is on NAS and then then users will be able to work with data

Is it a good or bad solution? How Do you think?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:19
You have 227 posts so by this stage you should know that we only have the information that you provide to base our advice or opinions on - nothing else!

What is "do replication database"?

You need to specify which operations (CRUD - create/read/update/delete) can be performed by whom on which database and when, and which information is to flow in which direction from and to which database and when.

radek225

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
You have 227 posts so by this stage you should know that we only have the information that you provide to base our advice or opinions on - nothing else!

What is "do replication database"?

You need to specify which operations (CRUD - create/read/update/delete) can be performed by whom on which database and when, and which information is to flow in which direction from and to which database and when.
Right! Sorry!

User "x" will be creating a data in local tables then, replicate database to server, where is another *accdb file. Users "y", "z"... will be copy the base from server to local PCs and work with in the local database (only reading, not creating, deleting, updating). So only user "x" has full access to creating, deleting, updating the data in my base. So every data is flow only in one direction. - From "x" user to server and from server to another useres. The data on server will be completely replaced by data from user "x" where the changes was made in all tables.

String for replications from "x" user to server should provide password for database

user "x" will do replication using button

AdminDatabase.accdb - user "x"
serverDatabase.accdb - server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom