I'm not quite sure what you mean by domain environment. The front end is located on my machine and the backend is on a local server. I don't know what security is in place on the local server, but I do know as of right now, the only way to access it is through one of these computers.
From my research, this seems to be a common issue with a split database and mail merges based off form/query with parameters.
I've found that exporting the necessary info to a text file is the most common work around to this problem, which is what I have done. Another user (UncleGizmo) referred me to this site:
(Use Find to search for "Merging to Word Four Ways")
Which I borrowed heavily from. My advice: Download the example database, take some time to understand the code, and then adapt it to what you need. Once I got it up and running, it automated everything very nicely and she did a good job leaving comments for each section.