Address book format (1 Viewer)

frankb

Local time
Today, 10:39
I'm trying to print an address book that will consist of landscape pages folded in half. How do I get the addresses to print in the correct order to flow from page to page?

I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear, so I'll try to add more detail. If I have an address book that has 10 double-sided pages (including a front and back cover) with four addresses per each side of each page, then I have 5 sheets of paper and 36 addresses.
Sheet 1 side A would have the front and back covers of the address book.
Sheet 1 side B would have addresses #1, #2, #35, #36
Sheet 2 side A would have addresses #3, #4, #33, #34
Sheet 2 side B would have addresses #5, #6, #31, #32
Sheet 3 side A would have addresses #7, #8, #29, #30
Sheet 3 side B would have addresses #9, #10, #27, #28
Sheet 4 side A would have addresses #11, #12, #25, #26
Sheet 4 side B would have addresses #13, #14, #23, #24
Sheet 5 side A would have addresses #15, #16, #21, #22
Sheet 5 side B would have addresses #17, #18, #19, #20

Edit: Access 97 on Win98

Last edited:

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
One piece of the puzzle is to open your report>file>pagesetup>column.
That should get you started but I think you will run into other grouping/sorting issues. And you will most likely have to manually feed the printer to do front & back.

frankb

Local time
The mulit-column aspect is a piece of cake, as is the double-sided printing. The problem is getting the right records to print in the right location on the report. I can manually force the print job to happen correctly, but I need to have this automated as records are added and removed.
I guess what I'm looking for is a method to basically 're-number' the records to force the correct print order.

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
Thinking out loud...
Could you asign each entry a "page number" then group on that number.
Automate page number: (Pseudo Code)
make formula to count "records"
case block or if..else
if record count < 10 then
[pagenumber]= page1
if record count between 11 and 20
[pagenumger] = page2

I'm pretty bad at code as you can tell, but you get the idea. This is just an idea and I am going to follow this one I am curious to see what other ideas come your way.

frankb

Local time
It needs to be more dynamic and require far less user input than this. I'm working with our church secretary and this needs to be user friendly for a couple of users who are not very PC literate. The example I gave gives the impression that I would only have 2 records per page, but the reality is that I would want to be able to fit as many records as possible on a page. Forcing the user to designate how the records fall on the pages is kind of self-defeating for our purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom