0x80004005 General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile)... (1 Viewer)

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
Hello,

I have designed my own web site with a MSAccess database which is not much big in size. I have stored some records like my order details, client information like name, email address, address, contact details etc. I created a connection string in my web page which should establish a connection to database and insert the data from the web page to database. I tried it manually on my local machine on which I have Windows 2003, IIS 6, and MSOFFICE with MSAccess. I stored my database on local hard drive and used its physical path in the connection strin, I run web site on local machine by adding its entry in Hosts file, it successfully connected to the database but when I uploaded the site on remote server and uploaded the database in a folder called DB, the site loading fine but the links which try to connect database are giving me error like :-

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6cc Thread 0x78c DBC 0x144cfc4 Jet'.

I do not have access to registr of remote server as I do not have access to server RDP.
Any suggestion and fix is appriciated

Thanks in advance

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Guys,

I haven't get any reply to my question yet, well I tried my best but with no luck.
when I searched it in google I found a link which given explanation of all possible MSAccess error message,

HERE is the link

the error message listed on this link at 2nd number is exactly the same that I faced, after making corrections, my error message is changed and now I am getting error -

'80004005'
[microsoft][odbc microsoft access driver] could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.
which is the same error that is listed at number 1 position at above link..
Anybody please help me in this issue as I have to complete some projects as soon as possible.

Awaiting you response :)

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Guys,

Any updates please ?
Need assistance in this issue :)

Thanks

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
can anybody tell me how to convert a MSAccess database in SQL ?

Awaiting your reply ...:D

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Hay guys,

Finally I got the fix, I managed to fix it :):):):)

Shaila

Local time
Today, 03:37
Hi,
Can you please let me know how u managed to solve ur issue of this error 'General error Unable to open registry key'

Thanks in advance,

Shaila

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Shaila,

Sorry for the delay to reply. Yes I was facing the same issue but found a resolution at following link and believe me it worked :)
Please refer following link and you will find different MS Access related error message there, second error message in list you are facing -

http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f15/errors-asp-using-ms-access-databases-5637/

Thanks to eukhost guys :)
Hope this will help you, Good Luck :)

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
I was searching on internet fix for this error but no one helped me. Above link fixed it :)
In fact any one can refer this link who are in trouble lol :D

Shaila

Local time
Today, 03:37
Hi Roger,

Thanks a lot for your response.
The problem has been solved.

Regards,
Shaila:)

rogerwin7

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Shaila,

Glad to know that your issue is fixed :)
Its been very long since we heard from you. Nice to see u again :)
well l found one more link in which the writer explained very well on XP performance issues, take a look at -

THIS LINK

and let me know what do you suggest ?

Wish you Good Luck

Regards,
Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom