A2003: Cursor jumping around, autocorrect messing up typing (1 Viewer)

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:34
A2003 SP3 (11.8321.8333) on Win XP

I think I have some type of autocorrect turned on. Whenever I am typing in a code window my cursor jumps all over the line, so the letters I typed are out of order and is gibberish. This about doubles the amount of typing I have to do because I have to retype what Access tried to "autocorrect".

This is as irritating as Clippy. How do I turn this off?

Please note that I also have Office 2010 installed on this machine, so I wonder if there is some DLL causing this. I.e. the Office 2010 DLL has this turned on automatically, but the A2003 user interface has no option to turn it off, because the A2003 program does not know about the Office 2010 DLL.

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:34
Autocorrect can be turned off, but I doubt it's the source of the problem. The first thing I would check for is if there's a form open with a timer event running. That can cause problems like you describe when trying to work in the VBA editor.

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:34
Holy crap. That must be it. All my forms have a clock, updated by a timer event. And the edits I was doing, that were getting hosed, were when I broke into code while running multiple forms.

Is there a fix for this? I believe I have the latest patches via Windows Update.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:34
Is there a fix for this? .

Yes, don't have timers on your forms. Having clocks everywhere is a bit redundant since most people have the clock in their system tray. But if you must keep them then just make sure all forms with those are in design view or closed before trying to write code. There is no other way to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom