Access 2007 Field List? (1 Viewer)

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
I'm looking for the equivalent field list in Access 2007 (Form Design View) that used to reside in the top left corner of Access 2003 & before. It was good for quickly selecting text boxes, labels etc. My searches haven't turned up anything.:confused: Can someone point me to it?

Regards
Ian

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:37
On the design tab

Attachments

• addexistingfields.png
    addexistingfields.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 2,893

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:37
With your form in design view, Click on the design tab, to the right of the tab there should be a button labelled "Add Existing Fields", this will pop up the Field List pane from which you can drag and drop your field/s

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
In fact it simply changes the Properties pane to the Field list pane.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the Design ribbon there is a button Add Existing Fields. It opens a list of the fields in the recordset of the form/report.

However it seems you actually want a list of objects rather than fields.

The objects on the form are listed in the dropdown at the top of the Properties Sheet. When selected in this list the focus moves to the object and the properties are displayed.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
In the Design ribbon there is a button Add Existing Fields. It opens a list of the fields in the recordset of the form/report.

However it seems you actually want a list of objects rather than fields.

The objects on the form are listed in the dropdown at the top of the Properties Sheet. When selected in this list the focus moves to the object and the properties are displayed.

Good point. Missed that.

So here's a visual on that too:

Oh, and that has existed for several versions.

Attachments

• selectformobjects.png
    selectformobjects.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 2,951

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
Thanks guys but I am familiar with what you are saying but the feature I am looking for was a combo that used to reside in the top left of the window (Of the Form,in Design View, not the property window) where we could just click the small combo arrow "thingie" & see a list of all fields, labels (objects). Clicking on a particular text box name (or whatever) would just highlight (select) on the form so we could easily find something. I didn't use it to add anything just for looking up stuff.

Ok, I've stumbled onto what you guys are telling me about. I don't think it's as handy as the old way but it will do the job. Thanks for your help
;)

regards
Ian

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Thanks guys but I am familiar with what you are saying but the feature I am looking for was a combo that used to reside in the top left of the window (Of the Form,in Design View, not the property window) where we could just click the small combo arrow "thingie" & see a list of all fields, labels (objects). Clicking on a particular text box name (or whatever) would just highlight (select) on the form so we could easily find something. I didn't use it to add anything just for looking up stuff.

Ian

It was never on the form. It was on the Toolbar. See below:

Attachments

• 02.png
    02.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,947

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Ok, I've stumbled onto what you guys are telling me about. I don't think it's as handy as the old way but it will do the job. Thanks for your help
;)

regards
Ian
Just takes getting used to.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I've stumbled onto what you guys are telling me about. I don't think it's as handy as the old way but it will do the job.

It is handy if you keep the properties sheet open. Like many developers I use two monitors and have it parked on the second monitor. It can be dragged right out of the Access window.

If you haven't already, get another monitor and a dual video card. Most of us have an old monitor that we have since upgraded and even an old 15 inch monitor is quite useful as the second unit.

You will wonder how you ever did without it. I would like three but don't have a spare slot for another card.

If you are using two or three monitors make sure you get this free tool to put a taskbar on the other monitors.

http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

siboli

Local time
Hi
I have found the same issue as you - did you ever get this satisfactorily solved?

If not, here's how to get that nice table of all of the fields back in Access 2007.

First, right click the ribbon, and select Customize Quick Access toolbar.
Then select All Commands on the Choose Commands from drop down box.
Find Field List and Add it to the quick access toolbar.

Go to your database, and open it in Design View, then click the Field list icon on the quick access toolbar.

Scroll to the top of the list and click on the hyperlink to "Edit Table".

This will open up the list of fields in table view, so then click Design view and voila! there is the list of fields in a sensible format.

You probably solved this 2 years ago, however....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom