Access 2007 property sheet not visible and status bar gone (1 Viewer)

xaviermobius

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
Good morning all,

Installed AC2007 on friday... then run one of my existing AC2003 db's on it.

Spent the next 48 hours trying to work out why all my command menus in AC2007 were missing. The property sheet and field list were both not displaying. The buttons to bring them up could be depressed, but nothing would happen.

Basically, I had used the following vba code in AC2003 to hide all the menus:

Code:
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To CommandBars.Count
CommandBars(i).Enabled = False
Next i

After realising this I used the following code to set them back to being visible:

Code:
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To CommandBars.Count
CommandBars(i).Enabled = True
Next i

This has restored my property sheet and field list!

However, the status bar hasnt been restored and I cant restore it using the checkbox in "Access 2007 Options".

Instead I am required to use the following line of code every time I run a DB:

Code:
Application.CommandBars("Status Bar").Visible = True

This then displays the status bar. However, unlike the property sheet fix, when i restart access the status bar is again gone.

I am sure there will be others out there who experience this same problem in AC2007 and I could find nothing on google to help me. So hopefully the above will be of great help to someone else.

Could a seasoned pro please help me out by:

a) explaining why my property sheet and menu disappeared permenantly and not just for the current running instance of access 2007 (the property sheet and field list were gone when access was restarted, and even when I reinstalled the whole of Office!)

b) give me some help to reset the status bar so I dont have to run a command line everytime I start a new DB and want the status bar displayed.

Thanks muchly!

ron2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
Regarding status bar:
Have u seen the status bar checkbox in the options menu.

click the round office links icon (extreme top left of screen)
then Access options (bottom of dialog) button
then Current database
then on right you can see the check box for "Display Status bar"
this switches on/off visiblility of status bar for current database

roh_8_it_3

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
Hi Ron,

I have posted another post on this issue with access 2007.Suppose I want to hide the navigation pane,status bar,allow builtin tool bars from the users.For this,I will uncheck the boxes for these properties on the access options -current data base screen.
But there is a drop down next to the Office Button,now the end user can add these back by clicking on the More commands .
So it looks like i cant permanently disbale these options as access 2007 gives the ability to end users to add these back.This is different from the access 2003 where if you have disabled these options then you can turn on again - the self locking issue.

we are using these options to control the backend.Now in access 2007 ,how can we imnplement the same?

Thanks,
Roh

bhavdahl

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
I have checked both boxes to show the status bar, the one under Current Database and the one under Advanced. The status bar still does not show up in any Access database that I have.

They are all A2003 .mdb databases. I don't know if that might be the problem or not.

Does anyone know why I can't get the status bar to show? ...other than that it's my particular lot in life to be tortured like this. :)

PappyBlueRibs

Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
XavierMobius,

just a quick "thanks" for that bit of code
Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To CommandBars.Count CommandBars(i).Enabled = True Next i
I put it behind a button, pressed the button, and my Property Sheet was back! Thanks! But I still have no idea how it disappeared, and I've never had the problem come up before. Oh well....

BestLove

Local time
Today, 06:43
XavierMobius,

just a quick "thanks" for that bit of code
Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To CommandBars.Count CommandBars(i).Enabled = True Next i
I put it behind a button, pressed the button, and my Property Sheet was back! Thanks! But I still have no idea how it disappeared, and I've never had the problem come up before. Oh well....

Thanks PappyBlueRibs for sharing... its useful to me this time...works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom