Question Access 2007 runtime-big problems (1 Viewer)

gg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:58
I have a file in ac2207, converted from A2000. Runs beautifully. I downloaded the AccessRunTime program and tried to make it run as accdR. Life is hell. Code that works great in accdB or ACCDE produces runtime errors under runtime and, of course, shuts down. Not all code does it, maybe 25% of coded forms have trouble.

I found that just rewriting the code in a new module (exact same wording) would cure some of the problems, but not all. Has microsoft blown it or do I have something unique going on here? Please help, just give me some ideas, I am about ready to throw Ac2007 in the bay and myself with it.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:58
Actually, what you might not realize is that for the runtime you need to provide "bullet-proof" error handling. Access, in the full version, handles many of the errors for you but you are on your own when you go to the runtime.

gg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:58
Thanks for quick reply. What is bothersome is that I type the exact same code in a new module and some of the code works (sometimes). On one of the simpler sequences I rewrote as a macro, then converted back to code and worked fine. I am really puzzled. A one hour effort has lasted 2 1/2 days and still going.

One thing that slows me down is that I can't find a way to right click on a control and go right to properties like you can in Ac2000. I am forced to go to the design view, then control etc. Am I missing something or is this another of the "improvement/roadblocks" that are part of 2007?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:58
Thanks for quick reply. What is bothersome is that I type the exact same code in a new module and some of the code works (sometimes). On one of the simpler sequences I rewrote as a macro, then converted back to code and worked fine. I am really puzzled. A one hour effort has lasted 2 1/2 days and still going.
You might try doing a decompile first.

One thing that slows me down is that I can't find a way to right click on a control and go right to properties like you can in Ac2000.
Actually, that was a not so good thing that they had come up with and they finally got rid of it because it caused so much confusion (even though you could go turn it off people didn't and then if someone ran a form in the database, if you didn't remember to close the properties the last time you were in it, it would show up over the form. It was just plain bad. But it could be helpful at times to the developer, true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom