Access 2016 query rounding field up automatically (1 Viewer)

Jacqueline

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:10
I'm using Access 2016. When my query runs, it rounds the number up automatically. I have tried to use Formate, General Number, and setting the decimals out to 2 places, but that does not work. :banghead:

The query pulls data from a linked table. Example:

The data in the table is 0.6, and the query rounds it up to 1. Is there a way to stop this behavior?

Thank you,

Jacqueline

SELECT dbo_Class.AdministrativeUnitID, dbo_Enrollment.YearQuarterID, dbo_Class.Department, dbo_Class.ItemNumber, dbo_Class.Credits, dbo_Class.CourseTitle, dbo_Student.SID, dbo_Student.LastName, dbo_Student.FirstName, dbo_Student.MiddleInitial, dbo_Student.EveningPhone, dbo_Student.DaytimePhone, dbo_Class.InstructorName, dbo_Class.StartTime, dbo_Class.EndTime, dbo_Day.Title, dbo_Enrollment.GradeID, dbo_Enrollment.ClassID

FROM (dbo_Enrollment INNER JOIN (dbo_Class INNER JOIN dbo_Day ON dbo_Class.DayID = dbo_Day.DayID) ON (dbo_Enrollment.YearQuarterID = dbo_Class.YearQuarterID) AND (dbo_Enrollment.ClassID = dbo_Class.ClassID)) INNER JOIN dbo_Student ON dbo_Enrollment.SID = dbo_Student.SID

GROUP BY dbo_Class.AdministrativeUnitID, dbo_Enrollment.YearQuarterID, dbo_Class.Department, dbo_Class.ItemNumber, dbo_Class.Credits, dbo_Class.CourseTitle, dbo_Student.SID, dbo_Student.LastName, dbo_Student.FirstName, dbo_Student.MiddleInitial, dbo_Student.EveningPhone, dbo_Student.DaytimePhone, dbo_Class.InstructorName, dbo_Class.StartTime, dbo_Class.EndTime, dbo_Day.Title, dbo_Enrollment.GradeID, dbo_Enrollment.ClassID

HAVING (((dbo_Class.AdministrativeUnitID) Like [Enter Admin Unit or leave blank for all] & "*") AND ((dbo_Enrollment.YearQuarterID)=[Enter Quarter Code]) AND ((dbo_Class.Department) Like [Enter Department or leave blank for all] & "*") AND ((dbo_Class.ItemNumber) Like [Enter Item Number or leave blank for all] & "*"))

ORDER BY dbo_Class.ItemNumber, dbo_Student.LastName, dbo_Student.FirstName;

The dbo_Class.Credits field is rounding up to 1 from 0.6 in the original database table. The tables I'm pulling from are the college's read-only scheduling database. I have no control of the data in the tables.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Can you please post the SQL statement for the query you're using? Thanks.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:10
Post the query statement. What is the backend db - Access?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:10
Check the number datatype for that field. Is it integer or long integer? If so it will round 'off' your numbers

Jacqueline

Registered User.
Local time
dbo_Class.Credits is the field I am pulling from the college's read-only scheduling tables. The data in the tables is 0.6, and my query rounds it up to 1.

Please see my edits in the original post; I did not see the post reply button until I had copied the SQL into the first post.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:10
So what is the datatype for that field?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:10
Data is in a SQLServer backend? Need to find out datatype for that field.

Jacqueline

Registered User.
Local time
Well now I feel stupid, I just checked the table, and the data in the table is one credit. So the query is pulling what it found from the table. I know better than to not check out my user's information before running around with my hair on fire!

Thanks for making me look at the table data.

Jacqueline

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom