access 97 dont works (1 Viewer)

danit58

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:09
I have installed on my PC, WindowsXP sp.1, MSaccess versions 97 and XP.
After I have tested some databases, MSaccess 97 don't works successfully more, but XP version works good. I can't modify files mdb. Access works like in run-time mode: bars and commands reduced, standard icon of access absent, database window absent, ecc.
If macro autoexec or a form that play at the start of mdb are present, mdb works but it is impossibile to modify it. Otherwise mdb dont works, I can see access window with only menu files and window.

I have removed access and after yet installed it, but it don't work successfully.

maybe other application leaved files (or modification in file registry) that install procedure of access97 cant rewrite? And that dispose access 97 to work in run-time mode (or like)?

I am hopeless. Can You help me? Can you give me a list of files to remove, or list of modification to do in registry?

Danit :

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:09
Access 97 has to be installed before the newer version is installed. Microsoft has published uninstall programs to clean out an incomplete installation so that you can start over. Search the Microsoft KB site for the program.

danit58

Registered User.
Local time
I dont find uninstall programs, but I find a microsoft page with a list of files. I Have removed all files in the list and after I reinstall Office 97.
Now dont start anithing. This is the error (in italian language):
Impossibile trovare la DLL Mso97rt. Impossibile utilizzare l'opzione /runtime della riga di comando a meno che non sia stato installato MS office 97 devceloper editions tools.

I dont use the option /runtime and the file Mso97rt in installed in C:\Programmi\File comuni\Microsoft Shared\VBA\.

This is a serious problem. I cant work more.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
You need to uninstall Access XP as well as Access 97. Then reinstall 97, and then resinstall Access XP. Make sure they install in different folders.

danit58

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, but I do it as first attempt: nothing to do!

By, dani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom