access 97 to access 2002 conversion (1 Viewer)

T

telinhas

Hey, i have a clinic DB made in access97 and i now i want to convert it to access 2002, but when converting it presents me errors like "...old syntax of DAO its not supported anymore..."

followed by this

and after DB is converted, when entering in new converted DB some errors of reference files (5 or 6) incomplete or inexistence...

(example of one)

What can i do to correct this DB ? It's very important since it's from a clinic...

PS: Sorry but it only have Access in Portuguese.

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:14
The reason for this is that in 97 you code with DAO and over 2k you use ADO. Convert the database ignore the warnings and when you have got the new 2002 version of the database:

1/ click on the Module tab
2/ Open a module so that the VBA editor screen is showing
3/ From the toolbar select Tools / References (1st option in the english version)
4/ A list of available references will show with tick boxes next to them. Select Microsoft DAO3.6 Library
5/ If you use Dim rstXXX as Recordset change it to Dim rstXXX as DAO.Recordset
6/ Toolbar select Debug / Compile. Any probs will show then. If the compiler is happy you ought to be OK.

HTH

T

telinhas

Hello Harry, thanks for your help in the first place! But i can't see that Module Tab in Portuguese edition, like i can't found references in Tools (Ferramentas in port.). Can you please post a screenshot with the menus open ?! I'll be very thankful!

Please check if this is References that you talk:

http://img251.echo.cx/img251/298/references5ur.jpg

If it is, i don't have Microsoft DAO3.6 in there.

Thank you very much, and waiting for an answer.

T

telinhas

Sorry, i was looking in wrong side. It is in VB Editor :)

Now that i've founded, when i select Microsoft DAO3.6 Library in References, it shows me an error like "Name conflicts with existing module, project, or library".

I've changed project name (in Project properties) to another one, and tried again, and it shows the same error. What should i do ?!

Thx in advance!

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:14
Add a _1 to the name of ALL your modules, subs and functions and try to compile. Slowly remove them and see which one is causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom