Access Lock File/ ldb file

tnago

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:26
I have a problem on the network drive where the access database reside there is lock file which is preventing the database from opening. I have checked the file and for the machine it is pointing to, the database is close on that. Whenever I try to open it I get the following error " The database that you are trying to open or convert is currently in user, or you do not have permission to open it exclusively."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The .ldb file will be created in the folder where the database resides. If the database resides on the network, the .ldb file will be created there. Sometimes, if a database is not closed properly or if there's a network disruption (quick disconnect and reconnect) it will not release properly.

What you need to do is to delete the .ldb file. If you find that you can't do it, you'll will need your Network Admin to kill the file.

1) All users should be within the same group having exact the same rights(read,write). This cause a sharing vialation.
2) Try to reboot computer and then delete manually .ldb if you know that nobody use database file.

As long as everyone doesn't have the .mdb file opened, you can delete the .ldb file. It is generated at run time and when the last user leaves, it is automatically deleted. Like I said before, sometimes it glitches and stays after the last person leaves. So, if no one is in the .mdb file, it is safe to delete if you are getting that error message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom