Access Printing Woes. (1 Viewer)

EdFred

knows enough, dangerous
Local time
Today, 17:54
Here's a weird problem I've had develop in the past couple months, before I upgraded to 2007, and now since I upgraded to 2007.

I've had the same Access database since 1997, and just recently upgraded it to Access2007, but as I said the problem occurred before and after the changeover.

I have two servers at the office. Server #1 (where the database is located) has attached to it is a dot matrix printer, used for printing our 4 part invoices/packing lists. I have another server (#2) which has a laser printer attached to it. The laser printer on server #2 is the default printer for all computers in the office. I have a lot of reports in Access where the printer to be used is the default printer. I have a single report in Access where I specified in the page design and layout to use a specific printer - the dot matrix on server #1.

Both servers are always on. Both printers are always on. I can go for weeks and weeks with no issues in printing the invoices. Then suddenly I'll get a

"This document was previously formatted for the printer (printer name) on (server #1), but that printer isn't available. Do you want use the default printer (\\server#2\laser printer) ?
OK CANCEL SETUP... HELP

It worked fine for 9+ years, and now I am getting this error. No new computers in the last 2 years. No new printer installs in the last 2 years.

I've gone through, uninstalled the printer, reinstalled the printer, both on the server and remote machines, and now I can't even get the report to "remember" that I want it to always print to the dot printer.

Any ideas?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:54
The only time I, personally, have seen that happen is when the network resource is not available. Have you tried importing everything into a new database (sometimes it just gets wacko) to see if that helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom