Access to Visual Basic (1 Viewer)

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:10
Greetings to all the experts out there,

Here is something I wonder if it has already existed or been asked before, a program or an add-in feature that can compile an Access database (including forms, reports, tables...) to a stand-alone .exe application, just like Visual Basic does. The reason why I think it's doable is because in Access, we use VB codes anyway and it wouldn't need to be rocket-science for Access to do something like that or this would be an improvement for future versions.

There are plenty of advantages of going from an Access form to a stand-alone app, i.e. we wouldn't need codes to hide background and menu or status bar; we wouldn't need to disable mouse-scroll or prevent users to go back and accidentally delete past records; or we wouldn't need to worry about users seeing your terrific coding techniques and on and on.....Agree that all these can be done within Access but imagine how much time it'd save you from not doing all these things.

Thank you all in advance.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:10
The answer is NO.

The best you can do is install the runtime version of Access on a users computer to run your db.

Search the forum for the keywords RUNTIME and DEVELOPERS EXTENSIONS for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom