Accidently Deleted the Backend (.accdb) (1 Viewer)

Mohsinadrees

Local time
Today, 05:32
Hello there,

I have a split Database. Back end Residing on my computer and two or three client pc's accessing it through frontend on their own pc's in a LAN environment.

While working on Backend I made a copy of it to make some changes/amendments (Deleted some tables in that copy) thereafter I decided to drop the amendments/changings for the time being.

Now, the right course of action was to delete the Copy and retain original however, I accidently deleted the original and retained the copy (Shift+Del).

After that I have tried using numerous recovery software/application but all in vain. Each recovery software I used was simply unable to show up the database file.

Any help in the matter will be highly appreciated.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:32
use Stellar Toolkit for Data Recovery (ver.10 or higher) to recover your deleted file(s).

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:32
If you deleted it manually - won’t it be in your bin? If so you can just un delete it

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
When tables are deleted, they are initially 'flagged' as being available for recovery
You can recover those deleted tables from your backend database yourself provided it hasn't since been closed or compacted.

If you have since done either of those things, the deleted tables are gone forever and using file recovery software such as Stellar will be a waste of time (and money). For details on how you MAY still be able to recover deleted items yourself, see my article:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It was a Shift + Del.
OK, so it won't have been moved to recycle bin. Shame you didn't just hit the Del key :(

arnelgp

Local time
deleted tables are gone forever and using file recovery software such as Stellar will be a waste of time
not true, i can recover deleted tables and records using this.
and it is not even a table we are talking here. read carefully.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Oh, for the good old days of Norton. :)
I wonder if that can still recover files? Probably could not read NTFS though? :(

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A file gets deleted by setting a flag, doesn't it - but the space it occupies then becomes free space, and can get overwritten - so even browsing the web etc, might easily make it non-recoverable.

Does the client not have an overnight back up you can revert to, to mitigate the loss?
Isn't the copy you took useable?

It's all a bit late now, but I always copy a data backend before touching it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
not true, i can recover deleted tables and records using this.
and it is not even a table we are talking here. read carefully.

I think we are talking about different things. Companies such as Stellar makes several types of recovery software including:
a) File Recovery software which can restore deleted files (providing the disk space hasn't since been overwritten)
b) Access File Repair software which can recover deleted objects (tables/queries/macros) from existing files in certain situations

Perhaps you were talking about the first option. I was referring to the latter option.

arnelgp

Local time
i have both them and used them:
stellar.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If you have file versioning enabled you could try a previous version?
This is for one of my DBs

1667824314653.png

Mohsinadrees

Local time
Today, 05:32
I am unable to reply to some of the comments because the system does not allow (I do not know the reason).

However current situation is that even by using mentioned software I was unable to recover the Database file.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:32
Be careful when you set up file versioning to ensure that all important folders are being backed up. I have two other full backup methods. One to an attached drive and the other to the cloud.

For File Versioning, I only choose the Folders where I work on files that I want to keep multiple versions. So, this would be databases, word, excel, notepad documents. Possibly others. This backup duplicates what I have in the other two but it keeps multiple versions so i have better options if I do something stupid in the midst of developing.

Having a full backup locally is helpful to reduce the recovery time if you have to get something in a hurry.
Having a cloud backup (I use Carbonite) ensures against a fire or flood that takes out my local PC and backup. It is also helpful when I am at a client site if I forgot to bring a file I need. I can get it from Carbonite no matter where I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom