add values in tabel of existing data (1 Viewer)

hardik_088

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:00
Hi guys,
I have Form OrderLaptops and table laptops. I have fields in Laptops table like Description,Quantity,Location,Department,Part number etc....
and Description is a Primary Key so you cann't enter same data.
If I have Quantity(3) for Description(Dell),Location(Canada),Department(HR) and If I order to 2(Quantity) more Laptops of Dell(Description) in HR (department) of Canada(Location). so if i enter data in OrderLaptops form it should be automatically update data in table Laptops and there should be just one record like 5(quantity) and other fields are same.

So how can i do?
Thank you very very much

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 12:00
You might be able to use the DLookup function for this

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:00
Hi guys,
I have Form OrderLaptops and table laptops. I have fields in Laptops table like Description,Quantity,Location,Department,Part number etc....
and Description is a Primary Key so you cann't enter same data.
If I have Quantity(3) for Description(Dell),Location(Canada),Department(HR) and If I order to 2(Quantity) more Laptops of Dell(Description) in HR (department) of Canada(Location). so if i enter data in OrderLaptops form it should be automatically update data in table Laptops and there should be just one record like 5(quantity) and other fields are same.

So how can i do?
Thank you very very much

??Why is Description "a Primary Key"????
I think you have a design issue and would offer 2 suggestions:

1- look at some of the free data models at www.databaseanswers.org
eg http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/customers_and_orders/index.htm
2 - Do a little reading on Normalization. Here is a link with many valuable ideas re Normalization, Entity Relationship Diagramming. I would suggest the first few topics would be useful to you.
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic238.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom