Adding Partners to invoice with primary person (1 Viewer)

JMarie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
Hello,
In my Clienttable we have a field if that Client is partnered with someone else. One person is considered the primaryClient and the others are partners.
Most of my primaryClients have just one partner, but I have a handful of folks that have multiple partners.

These folks share/split fees. We don't care who pays- as long as they're paid. So when invoices are sent we want ALL the names and addresses on the invoice. Like so:

PrimaryClient Partner1 Partner2 Partner3 and 4 etc if needed.
PCAddress P1Address P2Address
PCState P1State P2State
PCZip P2Zip P3Zip

My invoice prints out with just a primaryClient and 1partner.
So if there is a primaryclient with 2 partners there are 2 invoices:
1. Partner1 and PrimaryClient
2. Partner2 and Primary Client.
(I accomplished this by making a header that uses a concatenated primary+partner field)
Is there a way to instead use the group header on the primaryClient and loop through the partners to put them all on one page?
Thanks,
JMarie

JMarie

Registered User.
Local time
My data is normalized. One primary client can have many partners. It's in the table that way.
PrimaryClient Partner
6 12
6 133
6 442 etc
My problem is in display of a report/invoice.
In the detail section is all the fees that are shared by these partners. That prints out fine.
In the header I need for all partners to show with their addresses (letter style). So I need to take the data above and have the letter header so the primary and all the partners receive the same invoice with the same information and everyones name on it.
PrimaryClient Partner1 Partner2 Partner3

What I am trying to figure out is how to loop through the table and have it print out correctly.
Does that make sense?

JMarie

Registered User.
Local time
that may work. If the user will simply send the same letter to each client/partner and we do a simple cc'd at the bottom with the names of all the partners at the bottom.

What she asked for was this:
PrimaryClient Partner1 Partner2
AddressPC AddressP1 AdressP2
CityPC CityP1 CityP2
But I don't see a way to easily format a whole address with your function.

My original thought was if there was any way to wrap a loop around the address block in the actual report so they all spit out dynamically. But I wondered if it would format nicely.

Since cc'd are standard practice I'm asking if that would work.
Will let you know- thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:29
I understand that reports have some fascinating features these days which I am aware I don't take advantage of because I'm used to using the much simpler reports in earlier versions of MS Access where you have to do the fancy things with the SQL statements. You may well be able to do it the way you suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom