Age format (1 Viewer)

endri81

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:35
Hi
I have an Access 2007 form where patients are registered by their names,birthdays etc.All this info is collected by paper forms where sometimes the birthdays are not shown but only age e.x 27 years old.How can I reflect this data to my DB.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:35
I think you have a Date field in your table where you want to record the date of birth of the petient, but sometime the petients don't know their date of birth, so in this case you can create a text filed in your table for example petient_Age to record the Age data.

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:35
Endri,

If you just enter the age, then it is guaranteed to be incorrect after a period of less than a year. Whereas date of birth never goes out of date.

If there is no way of determining the date of birth, but you have the age, I would arbitrarily make up a date of birth. I would choose a date approximately 6 months before the date the form was completed. I would make a note in a comments field that this was the case. This means that the age data will be wrong -- but not as wrong as just entering the age, and it will remain consistently wrong, not get increasingly wrong... if you catch my drift.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 04:35
An idea is to 'flag' those where you just had the age and not the exact birthdate. That is, a yes/no field next to the birthdate control that, if checked, indicated the birthdate was estimated.

Then when you run reports, you can use an IIF statement (if checked then birthdate = birthdate & " (est)" on the report's birthdate control so you would know at-a-glance as you skim the information.

-dK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom